Scared, very scared

Help Support CattleToday:

MistyMorning

Reaction score
The morning has dawned warm and breezy. Fall colors gorgeous! But I'm scared. :help: This type of day is traditionally the day the asian beetles make their move. Anyone seen them yet?

angie":562hpusc said:
And, they bite :shock:

And smell. They are back though. We just got a drenching rainfall and wind, maybe they got blown to kingdom come. Naw, those things will never go away.

Beefy, now I'm gonna sound stupid or set myself up for something, but what are lovebugs?

MistyMorning":ef4l9rr5 said:
angie":ef4l9rr5 said:
And, they bite :shock:

And smell. They are back though. We just got a drenching rainfall and wind, maybe they got blown to kingdom come. Naw, those things will never go away.

Beefy, now I'm gonna sound stupid or set myself up for something, but what are lovebugs?

Don't know about Beefy's area but in Arkansas & Texas they are little orange & black bugs. We call them telephone bugs, they say hello and then they hang up.

;-)

The love bug (also known as march fly, honeymoon fly, telephone bug, kissybug and double-headed bug) (scientific name Plecia nearctica) is a small flying insect common to the southern United States, especially along the Gulf Coast. It is most often known as a serious nuisance to motorists driving at high speeds when the insects spatter on their windshields in great numbers.

It was first described in 1940 by D. E. Hardy of Galveston, Texas. At that time, he reported the incidence of love bugs to be widespread, but most common in Texas and Louisiana. By the end of the 20th century, however, it had spread heavily to all areas bordering the Gulf of Mexico, as well as Georgia, South Carolina, and other parts of Central America. L. A. Hetrick, writing in 1970, found it very widespread in Florida and described its flights as reaching altitudes of 300 m to 450 m and extending several kilometers over the Gulf.

The lovebugs were bad in Florida this year, didn't think they were ever going to go away.

Beefy":31o0tk13 said:
sneads-lovebug-season_medium.jpg

(no worries-not my truck)

Floridian_1154824293_121.jpg

At least the bugshield works.

cfpinz

Well little Misty if you would get your butt down here and bale some hay you could avoid all those pesky little critters. We only have snakes, roaches, mosquitoes, gnats, and such. :lol:

Only seen a couple far. Just wait till after a good cold snap, then some warm days. The lady beatles will be looking for a place to hole up. By the millions :shock: :help:

Have you ever wondered why June bugs are out in May, and May flies are out in June :roll:

angie":r43z1zx2 said:
Have you ever wondered why June bugs are out in May, and May flies are out in June :roll:

Another would be are there any male ladybugs? If they are truly all "lady"bugs, then how do they reproduce?

greatgerts":1n8zvb98 said:
angie":1n8zvb98 said:

Another would be are there any male ladybugs? If they are truly all "lady"bugs, then how do they reproduce?

Believe me ~ it ain't pretty........

greatgerts":1fi241si said:
angie":1fi241si said:

Maybe like daddy longlegs

angie":ddl6d9ph said:
greatgerts":ddl6d9ph said:
angie":ddl6d9ph said:

Believe me ~ it ain't pretty........

:???: :? :?

dun":1klb6gqo said:
greatgerts":1klb6gqo said:
angie":1klb6gqo said:

Maybe like daddy longlegs

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :cry: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts