SC vacation

Help Support CattleToday:

We stayed on hunting island last year about an hour or so south of charleston. Its a nice area. If you like history theres plenty there.

Hope you enjoy the well deserved vacation. They have several fishing boats that go out from Charleston too.

I like history. Especially civil war stuff. Plan to see the CSS Hunley, ft. Sumpter, USS Yorktown among other things. Beach with the family of course. I am looking forward to sea food at the Fleet Landing restaurant as well.

Hoss, have you ever tried "the wreck" on Shem creek in mt Plesant? I always have to go there at least once everytime I am in Charleston. It does not look like much but it sure is good seafood. Charleston is my favorite area to vacation in, mainly because of the food. Enjoy your time.

Forgot to add, do not go to ft. Sumpter in the middle of the day. The entire fort is painted black. We went about three in the afternoon in July once and I swear I was medium well by the time we left. Interesting, but very hot!!!

hillbilly beef man":2jq9qqg6 said:
Forgot to add, do not go to ft. Sumpter in the middle of the day. The entire fort is painted black. We went about three in the afternoon in July once and I sweat I was medium well by the time we left. Interesting, but very hot!!!

LOL! I did the same thing one summer hillbilly, man was it hot in those barracks and bunkers.

Toured the aircraft carrier, destroyer and submarine today. Best 20.00 I have spent in some time.

According to the news it should just miss Charleston. I rode out a typhoon in Hong Kong and one in Taiwan. I'm not afeared if this one :)

Beautiful day on the beach. This afternoon I hired a helicopter to fly us on an aerial tour over patriots point, the battery, ft. Sumter, downtown and shem creek. Little HOSS loved that. Small 4 person helo with no doors. I haven't flown in a helo since 02 or 03. Brought back lots of memories.

Left a day early for the mountains of western NC. I don't miss all the tourists in Charleston. Sixty nine degrees right now in Waynesville. A welcome break from the coastal heat.