Sav Net Worth

Help Support CattleToday:

Air gator

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me about personal experiences with Net Worth calves?
I know some of his EPDs are a challenge but he has a lot of eye appeal.
I have only seen one son with ABS. I do like SAV Mustang who is out of a Net Worth daughter.
Thanks.

I used him a little several years ago, I didnt like the calves very well. I bought 30 straws on there special then, ive tried to sell it at 10 dollars with no takers. Im sure he worked somewhere just not here.

Air gator":1oi80yct said:
Can anyone tell me about personal experiences with Net Worth calves?
I know some of his EPDs are a challenge but he has a lot of eye appeal.
I have only seen one son with ABS. I do like SAV Mustang who is out of a Net Worth daughter.
Thanks.

We have about 80 Mustang calves or grandcalves coming this year. We really like them so far. Lot better attitude than the straight Networths

Never breed anything to him but have purchased 3 daughters.
Sold 1 at 6 years old because she keep calving later and later every year.
Other two are doing very good here, big broody looking cows, both will weigh over 1400#.

Can be a little high headed when young, NW docility score isn't that great at -11, but the two I have left have mellowed out and I can walk up to each of them in the field.

used a couple of his sons on commercial cows, seemed like you could feed them dirt and snow and they'd still grow. but they were a bit hot headed.

We are using a Balancer son of SAV Net Worth. He's hetero black/polled so we've had some red calves from him from our commercial cow herd. He's a big long bugger, definitely not a heifer bull but has some really growthy calves that we are very pleased with. Have a group of his daughters having their first calves this year, starting in about 3 weeks. His disposition is quiet, his calves have been quiet. I am very happy with him.

Thanks for all your feedback. I think SAV Mustang has been overlooked.
BSE, what was it that made you give up on him?
Frame, upkeep, attitude? Thanks.

Latest posts