SAV Constitution and Jindra Blackout?

Help Support CattleToday:

Richnm

Reaction score
Any thoughts on SAV Constitution or Jindra Blackout ? My friend is dead set on using them. Even over SAV Raindance and President.

Well, all I know is . . . . . .just breed to an SAV bull.

Calves are born weighing 250, gestation period is 200 days, calves cut and wean theirself. 150 day weaning weights of two and a half tons. Only feed em every three days, water once a week.

:cboy:

I would point out that not all the people who drive to SAV in February to buy bulls are stupid. There must be some reason people keep going back. I don't believe it's to visit North Dakota in February. That being said I would wait on both bulls. Constitution doesn't have genomic testing from DNA and SAV has so many other bulls. I don't know enough about Jindra to comment. Jindra and Byergo seem to have one end of the market...the larger-frame Angus. If that's your thing, then they would fit the bill. If I were using SAV I would look at Renown because it seems like he has had a waiting list for a long time. I haven't ever heard a bad word about Renown. Supercharger(Select Sires) is getting positive reviews and his mother was in the herd until she was 17 years old. When you breed your own cattle it isn't a democracy. You are a breeding dictator and can choose what you want to breed to. All I can tell you is that all the people fussing about SAV would be pretty happy if Raindance, Rainfall or President were in their pasture.

I think y'all will be hearing a lot about SAV Abundance next year, we saw him at Genex in August of 2017 he is really good. We have calves on the ground and they are pretty sporty. I understand Schaff will have quite a few come spring. He is a Renown son.

Gizmom

My friend owns part of Jindra Blackout and he's sold on him. I haven't seen calves.

If I might suggest an acclaim son I have seen, it is Stevenson Statement. His dam is a Plattemere Weigh Up daughter. Those calves are tanks and all have the look and growth that I am drooling over. I am just mad I didn't breed to him last year.

I'd also suggest SuperCharger. Love him. I am breeding to him this spring.

Latest posts