SAV 10 Speed

Help Support CattleToday:

SAV 10 Speed was sold in the 2014 sale. Genex and 11 registered breeders bought him for $260,000. Doing a search of sale catalogs this Spring, there was something like 2 sons total in the sale offerings of those 11 breeders. Now I see the group of owners is down to 3. I haven't used him and have no intentions to ever use him. I heard he didn't turn out so great. Don't know if that meant his calves were so good or if the bull himself was a disappointment. Sort of a prime example of emotion, commotion, promotion.

But he had a great herd prefix and a catchy name. They sure were expensive, though! :cry2:

"When will they ever learn, ... When will they ever-r-r-r learn?"

I currently have an opportunity to buy a son if Ten Speed that's actually pretty nice for a weanling. Moderate framed and thick good numbers all around but can't pull the trigger on the deal for some reason....

Chocolate Cow":2qttym3y said:
SAV 10 Speed was sold in the 2014 sale. Genex and 11 registered breeders bought him for $260,000. Doing a search of sale catalogs this Spring, there was something like 2 sons total in the sale offerings of those 11 breeders. Now I see the group of owners is down to 3. I haven't used him and have no intentions to ever use him. I heard he didn't turn out so great. Don't know if that meant his calves were so good or if the bull himself was a disappointment. Sort of a prime example of emotion, commotion, promotion.

Ya, sometimes the bulls don't turn out. Kinda what I was wondering about. I do like his picture & numbers. With that combination out of Tex X, Id of thought a lot of people would of used him. Id be curious as to why he flopped. Hard collection would explain some of the pricing...$40. Maybe the sons didn't pass semen tests or something. I haven't asked my Genex rep about him.

Latest posts