Sauerruben

Help Support CattleToday:

dun":1ofi3lgw said:
Jogeephus":1ofi3lgw said:
Well its starting to cook off and smell like sauerkraut. Have high hopes. :nod:

Thank goodness. I got whiff this morning and thought something had died downwind of us.

With that nice south wind blowing your way maybe along with the stench of the kraut it will bring you some much needed warmth. Will you be prepared for the both of them or do you wish to remain frozen?

Jogeephus":1pm8b5bw said:
dun":1pm8b5bw said:
Jogeephus":1pm8b5bw said:
Well its starting to cook off and smell like sauerkraut. Have high hopes. :nod:

Thank goodness. I got whiff this morning and thought something had died downwind of us.

With that nice south wind blowing your way maybe along with the stench of the kraut it will bring you some much needed warmth. Will you be prepared for the both of them or do you wish to remain frozen?
85 today, that's more then plenty for march

Jogeephus":w2711sjl said:
Weather is beautiful here. With some more rain things should start greening up.
Yes, it will green up for two or three weeks and then we'll have another killing frost and it'll take another two or three weeks to recover. Happens every year.

ga. prime":3mm8ze9q said:
Jogeephus":3mm8ze9q said:
Weather is beautiful here. With some more rain things should start greening up.
Yes, it will green up for two or three weeks and then we'll have another killing frost and it'll take another two or three weeks to recover. Happens every year.

Yeah, my wife has been on me about starting the garden. I'm not going to get lured into a failure with this pretty weather but man does it not draw your mind toward the garden.

Joe, is that stuff bubbling purty good by now?
Did you add a lot of HOT stuff in there to defray the vermin?
Do you folks have "potlucks" down there?
Maybe best to try it out on somebody else. :cowboy:
That sounds a lot like the way Kimchi is made.

mnmtranching":1s8kmj1s said:
Joe, is that stuff bubbling purty good by now?
Did you add a lot of HOT stuff in there to defray the vermin?
Do you folks have "potlucks" down there?
Maybe best to try it out on somebody else. :cowboy:
That sounds a lot like the way Kimchi is made.

Its coming right along. Kitchen has the light smell of sauerkraut. I didn't add any hot stuff to it just the salt.

I might just test it with some on those fellas I mentioned that barbequed the yote. They will eat anything - except more than two bites of yote even though it was soaked all day in a "marmalade" as one called it. ;-) :lol2:

But it really is smelling good.

ga. prime":2dsabnfg said:
Does it smell sorta like collards cooking on the stove?

Heaven's no. I like collards but I don't care for the smell. It smells like sauerkraut. I getting high hopes. :banana:

Jogeephus":f385vdru said:
1982vett":f385vdru said:
Don't they bury kimchi in the ground so they don't have to smell it? :p

I think its a lot easier to just put it by your dirty socks.

Or just eat your dirty socks

Yep, better watch for hybridization if you keep near things like dirty socks. Might help the socks a bit but doubt saurerruben would be enhanced. Would probably just make it rot faster. :lol:

BL and I went to this pot luck birthday party for this elderly Norwegian lady at the town hall. BL needed something quick. I have this gallon of KIMCHI the kids got me and I suggested to BL that we take it. :nod: I can't imagine why she thought that to be so hilarious. :???: I though it was a heck of a good idea :cowboy: BL made a microwave hotdish. :roll: :roll:

Here's one I was talking to someone about tonight. How about french fried turnip roots? Everything fried is good right!?!

Jogeephus":2nwnk07l said:
Here's one I was talking to someone about tonight. How about french fried turnip roots? Everything fried is good right!?!

Joe you talking about that little rat tail looking thing on the bottom of the turnip? Or the turnip itself? :?
Like the root of a tatter? Is the tatter the root or all those other little string type things going through the ground? Oh well :???: :drink:

Latest posts