Sandy Hook hero

Help Support CattleToday:

townfarmer

Reaction score
th_VictoriaSoto_zps71516e12.jpg

"This is Victoria Soto. She died a hero. She hid her first graders in the cabinets and closets after hearing the gunfire. When the shooter came to her classroom, she told him that her students were in the gym. He then gunned her down and moved on. She saved the lives of all of her students. She deserves to be remembered for her bravery."

I came across this tribute on facebook today. Very moving and also heartwarming to know for every deranged evil individual there are many more who are selfless and heroic.

Andrew

The term "hero" is used way too often today. Over use takes away the worth of the term.
But I agree with Andrew. What she did is truly heroic. This kind of person is what a hero really is.

I have two young children in primary school. I find it incredibly emotional to think that there are school teachers out there who are so fiercely protective of their pupils that they would put themselves in harm's way to ensure the children's safety. What an amazing young woman. I'm sure her family are devastated but they should be so proud of her character.

Andrew

Not to sound crass, but if she would have been armed, she might be a live hero today.

townfarmer":p16xvxou said:
I have two young children in primary school. I find it incredibly emotional to think that there are school teachers out there who are so fiercely protective of their pupils that they would put themselves in harm's way to ensure the children's safety. What an amazing young woman. I'm sure her family are devastated but they should be so proud of her character.

Andrew

There are, my wife has taught for six years and she still cries the last day of school every year because she misses her kids. In her words, just because you want to kill them some days you still love them. Not trying to say my wife would do the same thing, just saying that there are still teachers out there that care deeply for their kids.

hillbilly beef man":2gbvz8qd said:
townfarmer":2gbvz8qd said:

Andrew

There are, my wife has taught for six years and she still cries the last day of school every year because she misses her kids. In her words, just because you want to kill them some days you still love them. Not trying to say my wife would do the same thing, just saying that there are still teachers out there that care deeply for their kids.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

hillbilly beef man":126il8j1 said:
townfarmer":126il8j1 said:

Andrew

Your wife sounds like the type of teacher that I hope my kids are fortunate enough to have.

Andrew

Latest posts