Salebarn Trash

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
Well Brer Rabbit I just sold the last 3 heavies private treaty I picked up this spring and hauled two back to the barn as cow calf pairs.
So I guess about noon I will hit the Cattleman's Cafe at the barn and get ready for the evil sale.
Looking for some bargins to carry through the winter, I got an extra 100 rolls of hay.

Ive made more money fixen other peoples mistakes than ive ever made with my own home raised stock. Theres nothing better than a young skinney first stage cow that you can buy for kill price.

Cow's averaged 67.50 a hundred clearing 950 a head calves brought 1.85 clearing right at 800 a piece.
Both calves were mid weight 4's.
Seen some fine heifers go through today bidding was to aggresive on the heifers.
Seen one pen of three bring 1600 a head.
Same type girl's will bring a lot less in Dec/Jan.

Got one old cow that I bought last winter that's needing to go. Going to send her calf with her and a few steers. Only gave $375.00 for old bones, she just won't fatten up. But her calf will weight 350, so I should do alright. :nod:

highgrit":3jbfbimt said:
Got one old cow that I bought last winter that's needing to go. Going to send her calf with her and a few steers. Only gave $375.00 for old bones, she just won't fatten up. But her calf will weight 350, so I should do alright. :nod:

Bottom price on kill cow's here today was .45 and that was dog food cow's.

I wish I had the time to go every week. I would like to pick up various cows of different breeds and phenom types to see what does the best. Maybe in another 30 years when I retire.

High Cotton":398l4jph said:
I wish I had the time to go every week. I would like to pick up various cows of different breeds and phenom types to see what does the best. Maybe in another 30 years when I retire.

Heck that is going to work for me.
Same every Saturaday lunch at the cafe and the sale, except for next week.
State holiday opening weekend of gun season.

Caustic Burno":2z4e8wwl said:
High Cotton":2z4e8wwl said:

Heck that is going to work for me.
Same every Saturaday lunch at the cafe and the sale, except for next week.
State holiday opening weekend of gun season.

I'll trade you. At 8 o'clock Monday morning when the concrete truck gets to the job you probably be ready to back.

cypressfarms":26a3kb8y said:
Caustic Burno":26a3kb8y said:
I got an extra 100 rolls of hay.

Really good to read someone in Texas has EXTRA hay for a change from previous years.

Really good to know you're still alive Cypress. Where you been?

Hey BackHB,

I had to put both of my parents in a nursing home, so I've been running between my house/family and their house and the nursing home. Oh, I forgot work too. It's been hectic to say the least. I made the decision to sell my dad's cattle out completely, just so it would be one less thing to worry about. Part of living is getting old I guess...

cypressfarms":59t962w8 said:
Hey BackHB,

I had to put both of my parents in a nursing home, so I've been running between my house/family and their house and the nursing home. Oh, I forgot work too. It's been hectic to say the least. I made the decision to sell my dad's cattle out completely, just so it would be one less thing to worry about. Part of living is getting old I guess...
Sure hate to hear that. That's rough.

Cypress sorry to hear that,it is a road I have traveled and the journey is not a pleasant one.
You will find that usually one child will step to the plate and take care of Mom and Dad while the others question every decision you make and not offer a helping hand. It my experience this is the most pitiful low a family reaches and I have seen it many time's as greed is a powerful enemy.

Latest posts