Sale barn in TX

Help Support CattleToday:

Thanks for all the replies. I haven't yet gotten a chance to visit the ones mentioned but a friend of mine and her father actually took me out to Gainesville with them for a sale out there. There were quite a few cows. Only saw one bottle calf come through, though. The people were friendly as was the auctioneer. Anyone else head up there at all?

When my dad managed a ranch about 10 or so miles out of gainesville he would haul to either gainesville or decatur. He was pretty much in between the two salebarns. Dont remember how prices were compared to decatur though... i'll have to ask him.

You can also try Dublin if you are down that way. I sat there 7 hours once watching them sell cows. It was on a Friday. They took a break for supper. The anticipated selling calves until daylight once they finished supper. I have never seen so many head. It is nothing to see 100 trailers lined up to dump. It is a very good market.

Meridian Livestock is available on line. Their sale is on Tuesday.

I like Mineral Wells myself but it is indeed a small sale. quick one. Cleburne is very similar.

Dublin is http://www.dublinlivestock.com/

Meridian is http://www.mlslivestock.com/ and you can scroll down to the "weekly market report" and get the number of head sold as well as the prices for that sale.

backhoeboogie":26ar24gm said:
You can also try Dublin if you are down that way. I sat there 7 hours once watching them sell cows. It was on a Friday. They took a break for supper. The anticipated selling calves until daylight once they finished supper. I have never seen so many head. It is nothing to see 100 trailers lined up to dump.
Wow. Thanks! I'd gone out to Gainesville a couple of weeks ago with a friend to watch prices with her dad...I spose I shoulda gone to bed earlier the previous night cause I was nodding off in my seat. I don't know how I would've faired at Dublin. But now that you've warned me...I'll be sure to get a full night's rest before I go. :lol: