sale barn calves

Help Support CattleToday:

Joy in Texas

Reaction score
I bought these heifers Monday at the sale barn.
Not sure what this one is.
Salebarncalves8-9-07089.jpg

A limo
Salebarncalves8-9-07047.jpg

Another limo
Salebarncalves8-9-07088.jpg

I don't know what this one is either,but I liked her.
Salebarncalves8-9-07014.jpg

they got some muscle. was it a special sale of just the weekly sale at the local barn?

The hind end of #660 looks better than some of the bulls I've seen around here.

I don't know if that's good or bad since we're looking at heifers, but it's true.

cmjust0":2ivhpjht said:
The hind end of #660 looks better than some of the bulls I've seen around here.

I don't know if that's good or bad since we're looking at heifers, but it's true.
she looks like she got some limmi in her.

If these are a sample of what runs through your sales barn, I'm jealous. We get a mixed bunch and finds like that are rare. Nice calves. I like them.

those are some nice looking heifers.you did good buying them.but why do you want crossbreds when your focusing on the beefmasters.

Very nice heifers. #1 looks exactly like a beefmaster heifer I
had at one time. In fact, I had several that were colored up
like that. The fourth heifer looks like she could be braunvieh
or braunvieh x. The light colored tip of her nose and body color is what I based this on. I could be wrong. Wish heifers like those came through our sale barns here. A few do but not
very often.

Arkieman":2eeml1zn said:
I'm jealous... I'm also nosey!! How much?
Well, they weren't cheap.The black one was a 108.00 a lb.. She cost the most,but there is something that I really like about her.660 was a 105.00 a lb. And the rest were 121.00-140.00 a lb. . I've got 4 more that I didn't post yet.

ERodrig":ylttc8zc said:
If these are a sample of what runs through your sales barn, I'm jealous. We get a mixed bunch and finds like that are rare. Nice calves. I like them.
They have a few ever now and again that come thru like this,but not that oftened. I just wish I had a few more $$$. They had some nice heifers that came thru. This plus 4 more is all I could afford that day.

bigbull338":kcgjsl5j said:
those are some nice looking heifers.you did good buying them.but why do you want crossbreds when your focusing on the beefmasters.
Because I know what beefmaster will produce. I just don't think I can miss with these girls. I bought 6 heifers compared what maybe 2 registered heifers would cost me. I can E-6 their calves so its not that bad to me.
I have 22 head of purebred beefmaster cows/breeding heifers now. Next year I hope to double that. I still have 50 or so mama cows that are crosses. Being that I just started,money plays a big part of that. For years we've had crosses,but I'm learning to find something I can cross to compliment the beefmaster breed.

Joy in Texas":zw3uiv09 said:
bigbull338":zw3uiv09 said:
Because I know what beefmaster will produce. I just don't think I can miss with these girls. I bought 6 heifers compared what maybe 2 registered heifers would cost me. I can E-6 their calves so its not that bad to me.
I have 22 head of purebred beefmaster cows/breeding heifers now. Next year I hope to double that. I still have 50 or so mama cows that are crosses. Being that I just started,money plays a big part of that. For years we've had crosses,but I'm learning to find something I can cross to compliment the beefmaster breed.
your right there.im giving $1500 or more for the reg cows an pairs i buy.an yes it does hurt the pocketbook.but its going to build me a top herd this way.what do you call to high for reg heifers.

Those are four VERY nice heifers! What sale barn? I agree with the other Texan, I've never seen heifers that nice go through any barns either.

What sale barn? I liked the heifers except for the real heavy muscled heifer, just a little too round for my liking as a female.

Joy in Texas":of3q2qnx said:
ERodrig":of3q2qnx said:
They have a few ever now and again that come thru like this,but not that oftened. I just wish I had a few more $$$. They had some nice heifers that came thru. This plus 4 more is all I could afford that day.

I have been there myself Joy. Just wished I would have bought more that time the market flooded with pristine heifers. Glad I got the ones I did.

You picked up a nice group.

Latest posts