Safety Zone Calf Catcher

Help Support CattleToday:

Neighbor has one. Works very well. We use his on unlevel ground but it's not terribly unlevel. Just terraces here and there. Doesn't work well around trees that's for sure. It's the ticket for tagging, banding, and doctoring calves. He modified his to work on a Kubota RTV. Around $2600 I think.

callmefence said:
sstterry said:
Has anyone ever used one of these?

[media]https://vimeo.com/247567297[/media]

This what happened when yuppies started ranching.

I follow your logic Fence, but this isn't exactly designed for "ranchers". It's more for people who spend most of their cow working time alone and may or may not be a little older age wise. My neighbor for instance is about 60 and there's no way he can do it on foot or off of a horse. So it's either something like this or get out of the cow/calf business OR process everything in the working pens. No way he could do it out in the pasture anymore. BUT, he did up until about 3 years ago. But again, I do catch your drift.

My neighbor for instance is about 60 and there's no way he can do it on foot or off of a horse. So it's either something like this or get out of the cow/calf business OR process everything in the working pens. No way he could do it out in the pasture anymore. BUT, he did up until about 3 years ago. But again, I do catch your drift.

Oh, dang! So, I guess I have a few years left before I become old & feeble. :shock: Maybe I'll get fat & make it a party. Y'all coming to my dispersal sale? ;-)

TCRanch said:
My neighbor for instance is about 60 and there's no way he can do it on foot or off of a horse. So it's either something like this or get out of the cow/calf business OR process everything in the working pens. No way he could do it out in the pasture anymore. BUT, he did up until about 3 years ago. But again, I do catch your drift.

Oh, dang! So, I guess I have a few years left before I become old & feeble. :shock: Maybe I'll get fat & make it a party. Y'all coming to my dispersal sale? ;-)

I am not as concered about being old and feeble as much as I am turning my back on an angry Mamma!

sstterry said:
TCRanch said:

I am not as concered about being old and feeble as much as I am turning my back on an angry Mamma!

Thats why I have my wife stand between me and the cow.

callmefence said:
sstterry said:
TCRanch said:

Thanks s why I have my wife stand between me and the cow.

And then there are two angry Mama's to deal with.

callmefence said:
sstterry said:
TCRanch said:

Thats why I have my wife stand between me and the cow.

This! Except my husband is the one that doles out cubes to keep mama occupied while I tag/work her newborn.

Latest posts