Rut

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
Is in full swing here dang deer are keeping me busy keeping electric fences working.
For 11 1/2 months might have to fix it half dozen times.
Looked like a traffic accident had so many blinking red lights this morning telling me fence was down.

Caustic Burno":1pzyvcm9 said:
Is in full swing here dang deer are keeping me busy keeping electric fences working.
For 11 1/2 months might have to fix it half dozen times.
Looked like a traffic accident had so many blinking red lights this morning telling me fence was down.

No sign of the rut here yet. But the kids put it on me Monday morning.

I sot my deer opening weekend so I haven't been out in the hills since. But I talked to the oldest boy last night and he said they are rutting hard. He has been seeing a lot of little bucks and they are all running the does.

Seen some scrapes but its still too warm here for anything major. Most buck movement I've seen of the larger bucks have been at night.

It's starting here, but definitely not in full swing. Got to watch a big 12 this morning morning trying to decide if wanted to cross a pasture field about 10 minutes after daylight. He obviously had his eyes on some does.

Brute 23":2us64ulp said:
This last front got them moving... especially the young bucks.
Watched a big 10 point trailing a doe late yesterday evening.
Just didn't have a good shot on him at about 250 yards bad angle as well.
Too good a deer for me to take an iffy shot.

The only part we are seeing is the chasing part. I know becuase of the fences being knocked down. No rubs or scrapes yet

Bout the same here. Had a single strand strung out and single strand gap broke the last few days. Been seeing some rubs around. No chasing that I have seen.

Yesterday evening I saw a good buck run right past a cluster of foes. He was really hauling butt, head up and in full stride. Don;t know where he was going but he was sure in a hurry to get there.

Stocker Steve":l6rpzqg6 said:
Is this a bit early for chasing to start?
Yeah, a couple of weeks. But as screwed up as everything else has been this year it seems to fit right in

Latest posts