Rush Goes Vegan!!

Help Support CattleToday:

Oldtimer

Reaction score
A Whore is a Whore is a Whore--Any cause for a buck :???:

Limbaugh a spokesman for vegans? Say what?
By Drovers news staff | Friday, April 17, 2009

Several news organizations are reporting that Rush Limbaugh has recorded Public Service Announcements supporting the vegan-driven Humane Society of the United States. According to the Animal Agriculture Alliance, worse still is that one of the two audio spots promotes HSUS' outreach to religious organizations.

One commentary by Wesley J. Smith, a senior fellow in bioethics, says Limbaugh supporting HSUS "is really against everything for which he stands."

The Animal Agriculture Alliance has urged livestock producers to e-mail Rush today at [email protected] to urge him to further examine HSUS and reconsider his support of the organization. AAA also urges you to write your own letter expressing your feelings, but to get you started AAA has written a sample letter that is available here.

http://www.drovers.com/news_editorial.a ... ed_id=5402

Oldtimer":160xijzr said:
A be nice is a be nice is a be nice--Any cause for a buck :???:

Several news organizations are reporting that Rush Limbaugh has recorded Public Service Announcements supporting the vegan-driven Humane Society of the United States. According to the Animal Agriculture Alliance, worse still is that one of the two audio spots promotes HSUS' outreach to religious organizations.

One commentary by Wesley J. Smith, a senior fellow in bioethics, says Limbaugh supporting HSUS "is really against everything for which he stands."

The Animal Agriculture Alliance has urged livestock producers to e-mail Rush today at [email protected] to urge him to further examine HSUS and reconsider his support of the organization. AAA also urges you to write your own letter expressing your feelings, but to get you started AAA has written a sample letter that is available here.

Don't care much for Limbaugh and have no use for the HSUS and their agenda, but, just so you know, a Public Service Announcement means that there is no compensation paid for the advertisement. Not to the spokesperson and not to the broadcast station. This is specifically defined by, and enforced by, the Federal Communications Commission. So your inference that Limbaugh somehow prostituted himself in this case is, well, kinda stupid.

You might want to keep your mindless, left-wing blather over on Ranchers where it belongs.

VanC":3f5ozxr2 said:
Oldtimer":3f5ozxr2 said:
A be nice is a be nice is a be nice--Any cause for a buck :???:

Don't care much for Limbaugh and have no use for the HSUS and their agenda, but, just so you know, a Public Service Announcement means that there is no compensation paid for the advertisement. Not to the spokesperson and not to the broadcast station. This is specifically defined by, and enforced by, the Federal Communications Commission. So your inference that Limbaugh somehow prostituted himself in this case is, well, kinda stupid.

You might want to keep your mindless, left-wing blather over on Ranchers where it belongs.

Oh- from the history of Rush- and most the other media mouthpieces that do PSA's- altho he is not getting cash money for the project- he's out to gain something ....

This sure has stirred up the extremist right, that Rush claims to be the spokesman for- and the cow country media.... :lol:

Heres from BEEF Magazine e-mail:

Rush Limbaugh Supports HSUS

Yes, you read the headline correctly. Rush Limbaugh, the bastion of conservative thinking in the U.S., has become a spokesman for the Humane Society of the U.S. (HSUS).

The move didn't go unnoticed by cattle folks. The Texas Cattle Feeders Association (TCFA) contacted its members, asking them to contact Limbaugh and explain HSUS' true agenda. Here's what TCFA said:

"Fans of Rush Limbaugh have been shocked to learn that he has become an advocate for HSUS. In fact, Rush has narrated two commercials on behalf of HSUS.

"To hear the audio of Rush's commercials supporting HSUS, click here: http://www.hsus.org/press_and_publicati ... h_limbaugh.

"Rush is probably like many supporters of HSUS – well-intentioned in wanting animals to be treated with compassion but uninformed about the organization's real mission. We hope you will send a message to Rush at: [email protected].

"Please feel free to use all or part of this sample message:

Rush,

Because we share many of the same conservative beliefs, I am very saddened to learn of your support for an organization that is working hard to put all cattlemen, including me, out of business. The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) has long pursued a goal of putting an end to all animal agriculture.

I know you believe in doing solid research. If you really check into what HSUS is up to, you will find that – despite having $200 million in assets – HSUS does not operate a single animal shelter nor provide financial support for local humane societies or shelters. HSUS is nothing other than a radical political organization determined to force all Americans to eat a vegan diet and forfeit the unique nutritional properties of beef.

Many well-intentioned people have been duped into donating their hard-earned dollars to HSUS because the drive-by media refuses to expose the truth about HSUS. I hope your show will become a place where people can get the facts about this organization's real agenda."
-- Burt Rutherford

Rush has been supporting HSUS. I have not heard about the vegan side but we hunt with hounds where I live and are constantly being attacked by HSUS and I took note when I heard Rush was buddies with these HSUS folks. it's even on the HSUS wedsite.

I'm no vegetarian or anything but sometimes I wonder if this "factory" food is all that good for us? It seems to me just about all the meat in North America is produced in a pretty unatural way? That goes for beef, hogs, poultry...and even fish!
We shouldn't exclude the veggies or fruit, either.
All the experts say we need every tool in the kit if we expect to feed all the people on the planet and maybe they are right? It just seems to me in the USA and Canada we are awash in food and that is why the farmer can't get enough for his products to remain viable. We've become so darned efficient we've put ourselves out of a job!

You just need to listen to what Rush always states. He's in this for the money. As to being the ultra-right-wing-conservative.... he's in it for the money.

He tells people this time and time again. He's trying to make the most money he can.

grannysoo":1fuk2z5d said:
You just need to listen to what Rush always states. He's in this for the money. As to being the ultra-right-wing-conservative.... he's in it for the money.

He tells people this time and time again. He's trying to make the most money he can.

Hel that's what capitalism is all about. Don't blame Rush or anybody else as long as they do it legally.

Latest posts