Rural King 12% Textured Cattlemen's Feed

Help Support CattleToday:

Air gator

Reaction score
I tried to find out how much corn is in a ton of the Country Road Cattlemen's Feed.
The only information I got was that it contains 8% Corn Chop.
I'm trying to avoid using a hot feed. Is Corn Chop less of a problem than whole corn or cracked corn?
Thanks for your help.

8 % is not going to be considered hot no matter how it is processed....

most likely the major ingredients are forage products, soy hulls, corn gluten, wheat mids and the like.

we do not have Rural King around here so I canno tlook at a label and I am generalizing a bit....but that is what the cheaper feeds of most brands usually have.

If it is like some I got, one bag will look to have some corn and another almost none.....poorly mixed. It is all about luck on what you get, but one thing is for sure it will have plenty of gluten in it..

Air gator said:
I tried to find out how much corn is in a ton of the Country Road Cattlemen's Feed.
The only information I got was that it contains 8% Corn Chop.
I'm trying to avoid using a hot feed. Is Corn Chop less of a problem than whole corn or cracked corn?
Thanks for your help.

Look for something with high fiber....15% or more. Can still have a good amount of corn but the fiber will help maintain rumen function and reduce likelihood of problems. Hard to tell whats in feed now that everyone uses the generic all inclusive terms like roughage products, processed grain by-products, etc.

TexasBred,
Thanks for your feedback. It has 25 percent fiber.
I appreciate your help.