royal show next week

Help Support CattleToday:

Keren

Reaction score
My little patch of earth, Perth, WA, Australia
... And i'm nervous! Never before been so nervous at the prospect of an upcoming show - I feel a bit silly :) I have three heifers a bull and a handful of penned steers that will arrive at the show next week thursday. Still haven't got them clipped. Bull still tries to kill me every now and then. Still need to pack a show box. Cattle haven't ever had a bath yet. Eep!

I'm showing in two weeks time and I still have 2 heifers a cow and two calves that had never seen a halter in their life...

Thanks Kathie, I think we're going to need all the luck we can get, I've only once been this underprepared for a show and swore never again....

There is a twist to the tail, one of the bulls I'm going to show is still breeding 2 hours away from me and I'll only get him back two days before the show, luckily he is halterbroke.

I think you both have your work cut out for you. I have no doubt whatsoever that you will both do an excellent job. Good luck and don't forget to post pictures please . :D

KNERSIE":2uzzsz5k said:
There is a twist to the tail, one of the bulls I'm going to show is still breeding 2 hours away from me and I'll only get him back two days before the show, luckily he is halterbroke.

Or, at least he was halterbroke the last time you saw him! Good luck! And please do put up pics when the ruckus is over.

Thanks everyone :) cattle are being clipped tomorrow, i'm going shopping for the last few things today, will pack the show box monday, all I gotta do now is hope that a t comb and couple cans of glue i've ordered from eastern states can get here by friday. I'll definitely post pictures :)

Cattle were clipped yesterday and they look fantastic :) big lesson for them, they had their first bath and had the blower on them and went in the clipping frame. And the other thing i'm pleased about is that I was held up at work so the clipper and the owner did all the handling and they were great for them. Previously I was the only one that's handled them. The bull decided he didn't want to go to the show - got into some old wet grain and blew up like a balloon. So its just the three heifers and they are very quiet now and definitely ready for the show. We rigged up a tie rail in the shed, put some straw down and left them tied overnight like at the show and they couldn't care less. They reckon a warm dry bed and some lucerne is a pretty good thing :)

Latest posts