Round-up ready Bermuda?

Help Support CattleToday:

MillIronQH

Reaction score
A feller yesterday was telling me that A&M has developed a strain of bermuda grass that Round-Up won't kill. Has anyone else heard anything about this?Z

I think for hay it would be great...but as row crops are usually close by, at least in my area , it sure could be a problem....

The man telling me about it is the Grounds Manager at a golf course in Austin so I don't know if it is hay or lawn type bermuda. I'll see what he says the next time I see him. He was also talking bout another type of Round-Up ready grass that is supposed to be for northern climates.Z

Sometimes man is just to smart for his own good. Case in point MF rose fences.

It takes 5 qts. of Round-Up to kill bermuda now. We use 1 pt over bermuda to clean up crabgrass and other weeds in growing bermuda now.

rkm":2n9fr8pp said:
Sometimes man is just to smart for his own good. Case in point MF rose fences.

Horse high
Pig tight, and
Bull strong.
Wish my ag teacher had them shoved up his butt.

MikeC":qv74irgo said:
He was also talking bout another type of Round-Up ready grass that is supposed to be for northern climates.Z

Bentgrass

Scotts Company was working on a round-up ready bentgrass (along with other grasses) but the EPA, ODA, USDA, etc... oh yeah and the general public, have pretty much put a stop to that. I just read where in CA. they are trying to pass a bill that would make the company that produced the GMO product liable if that product contaminates someone elses production.
I don't think we'll see round-up ready grasses anytime soon...

Latest posts