round baler

Help Support CattleToday:

COMAIR

Reaction score
How many bales should a NH round baler expected to do before it is considered worn out? I'm looking at a 648 with 4000 bales ,barn keeped well maintained.)

COMAIR":3c9cb9o2 said:
How many bales should a NH round baler expected to do before it is considered worn out? I'm looking at a 648 with 4000 bales ,barn keeped well maintained.)

I've never worn a round baler out so I don't know first hand. But I've read on several other sites over the years that 15,000 was pretty much the worn out figure. And I'm sure that's a general figure. There were some folks that put up a lot of hay each year and all seemed to agree with that.

I'm sure if the baler is left out in the weather year round and abused that figure would be much lower.

My old NH has more miles on it than I do and I have a lot. It was used when my uncle bought it years ago. He used it for years. After he passed I bought it and replaced the floor chains, drive chain, rebuilt some hydraulic arms, replaced a drive gear and it's still running fine for me. It ain't pretty anymore but does the job on 5x6 bales.

The custom guys around here figure on 20 - 30,000 bales before trade in. At 4000 bales, unless the balers been heavily abused, its barely broke in.

Rod

Latest posts