Rotor Cuff Tendon

Help Support CattleToday:

plumber_greg

Reaction score
12 years ago I hurt my shoulders going through a windshield. They told me that someday I would have to address the problems, and the day has come. First part of Aug. I hurt my left shoulder being stubborn and thinking I was tough. Has gotten steadily worse since, so I scheduled surgery for Dec. 17, thinking it would be a slower time at work since my arm will be immobilized for 12 weeks. Then last Tue. I fell off a chair,( no I wasn't just sitting there and fell off, I was using it for a ladder) all weight was caught with my left arm. Today I can move my arm about six inches, so I made the decision with my wife this morn to do surgery next Tue. Gives me a week to get ready. Poor Sara, we're booked full till the first of the year, really some big jobs, and it will all fall on her. Can't hire any dependable help, so I'm giving her the jobs to run on her own. She will make some really good money, but that ain't all it's about.
Just don't have any choice, my arm hurts from just behind my ear to all the way to my thumb, throbs 24-7, have to sleep in a chair sitting up. Life can suck, but then I think of others. Bruce, who runs my backhoe, wife is battling a stroke. 49 years old and they don't know what caused it. Just happened 3 weeks ago, they think it may be a brain toumor, will know for sure in 4 more weeks.
Thanks all, I actually feel better. gs

Hang in there. Had surgery on a elbow in Feb. that was caused by a injury over 30 years ago. 3 months off work, still behind but life goes on and we survived. Arm just now starting to feel better, I pushed it too much. Do what the docs say.

Greg
Sounds like you sure have your plate full. Best wishes on all of it. Especially for the wife!!

Granny always told me life would deal me hard times. I just can't ever remember her mentioning that they tend to come in litters like puppies.
I'll be thinking of, and praying for your family. I may have missed in previous post, but is Sara your daughter?

My arm is just about there so I know what you're going through. When I think about how far I've gotten because of it working so well in the past and how hard others have it with pain without any success involved it makes my pain a pleasant reminder of how blessed I've been.
I hope it all works out for you.

As afar as the shoulder, I had the surgery three years ago. My only regret is that I didn't do it sooner. Make sure you do ALL the physical therapy! I can't tell you how important that is. I will pray for your wife. Hang in there Greg.

Thanks guys, all my friends think my wife needs prayers, some have offered a place to stay. Physical Therpy is something I know about. This will be my 12th operation by orthpedic surgens. My daughter runs a clinic and gave me pt to do to keep the muscles strong till the Dec. surgery. That is one of the reasons I'm going ahead right now, I don't want to lose what I have gained.
Quachita, Sara is the best and best looking plumber you'll ever see. Been working for me since 01 and has just about taken over. If she quits, I'm the next one in line. Thanks Greg

hang in there Greg....
I have it in my future as well but tolerable now....RA doc askes me about it every time I see him....

If I was a younger man and didn't hate plumbing so much I would offer to come out and be the gofer for Sara....

Isomade":1sa1tu4p said:
As afar as the shoulder, I had the surgery three years ago. My only regret is that I didn't do it sooner. Make sure you do ALL the physical therapy! I can't tell you how important that is. I will pray for your wife. Hang in there Greg.

plumber_greg":1sa1tu4p said:
Thanks guys, all my friends think my wife needs prayers, some have offered a place to stay. Physical Therpy is something I know about. This will be my 12th operation by orthpedic surgens. My daughter runs a clinic and gave me pt to do to keep the muscles strong till the Dec. surgery. That is one of the reasons I'm going ahead right now, I don't want to lose what I have gained.
Quachita, Sara is the best and best looking plumber you'll ever see. Been working for me since 01 and has just about taken over. If she quits, I'm the next one in line. Thanks Greg

Can of worms here....Almost a year since I've had mine done....It didn't go well at all. Not sure where the problem actually reared it's head. When I came up from sedation in intense pain or during the painful therapy...however another MRI 12 weeks later revealed a re-tear with a less than 50% chance of a successful re=do. I stopped the torturous PT last March and had lost all ability to raise my arm above my shoulder and just now beginning to be able to get my arm above my head. At rest, my shoulder is not in pain. Only when over-extending a certain point does the "pinch" occur but the same goes in my wrist I busted up 30 years ago...

Just my experience...hope yours has a better outcome. Does appear you have more experience with this than I.

40 some odd years ago I tore up both shulders and waited till 5 years ago to have the worst one fixed. Been sleeping in a chair sitting up/reclining since I messed them up. You might get to the point that you can;t sleep laying down in a bed. It only too about 3 years after the surgery to make the pain more or less bearable, but it still lets me know it when i over do it.
Good luck

I'm sorry to read this greg. I hope that all goes well. Prayers lifted for a successful surgery and quick recovery.

Hang in there Greg. Life does offer us some tough challenges, and yours is just another in life. I pray your wife's ordeal comes out good. And I know from experience that if you get the shoulder surgery, it will be better for you. I tore my left shoulder completely up on a tractor rollover (yes, on me) and had to have 4 screws put in it to make it work again. My left arm actually works better than my right one now... :nod: ISO is correct, make sure you do your rehab completely through, and you will do great.

I second the rehab, but don;t get stupid and over do it trying to get better faster. Friend of mine did that and thought he was really making fast progress. a couple of years later he had to have surgery agasin but more extensive the second time.

I had mine fixed 40 years ago. I am glad I did. It works ok and is relatively pain free, but I haven't slept on my left side in 40 years. Work hard at the rehab but not harder than they want you to.

Please post pictures of Sara. I do own three pipe wrenches and may be of some assistance to her.

Latest posts