Rotary cutter gearbox

Help Support CattleToday:

Kell-inKY

Reaction score
Can't find a diagram online for this type of gearbox. Mine is leaking, I notice some slight movement back and forth while engaged. The movement is this round plate on the rear moving in and out, don't have any other gearboxes shaped like this. Is it possible to repair this, or maybe I'm missing a circular clip to hold it in tight, or a seal? Pretty filthy I know.

I've already done that, Gap is too big and ran out, something is wrong. If I could find a name it would help me find a diagram so I could pinpoint but it's gone. Would rather not spend 600-1000 for a decent used one. I've put this one through heck and it's retired to small jobs.

i just put a nice one through auction.. it ended up raining and being the last thing to sell in the day.. I got 75 bucks..

damn

Any fasteners on the front, that pass through and pull the rear cover forward?

Whatever holds that rear cover forward is coming loose, and you're losing tooth engagement. Sooner or later it's going to loosen up to the point the teeth lose contact and probably rip a few off in the process. I'd discontinue use until you get it snugged up.

hurleyjd, thanks for the link, didn't see it on there though. Going to have to add it to my growing list of things to do.

Kell-inKY":2jhx2pmn said:
hurleyjd, thanks for the link, didn't see it on there though. Going to have to add it to my growing list of things to do.

Run this number on ebay it looks a lot like yours and it may also work.
Bush Hog # 81444 Shear Pin Gearbox

Latest posts