Rito 616 REALLY!

Help Support CattleToday:

Chuckie":2b8uwntq said:
Ken,
I knew he was having trouble with his back legs. That is very interesting to know that it is back trouble. I don't guess many bulls make it to that age. I hope that is the reason that it is happening.
He is still a very pretty bull. I was really surprised when I ran across the video.

Valerie, Dun, Black and Good,
What size were the cows that he produced?
1250-1350# Range :tiphat:

Chuckie":12vmkxb5 said:
Ken,
I knew he was having trouble with his back legs. That is very interesting to know that it is back trouble. I don't guess many bulls make it to that age. I hope that is the reason that it is happening.
He is still a very pretty bull. I was really surprised when I ran across the video.

Valerie, Dun, Black and Good,
What size were the cows that he produced?
All went as feeders.

The bull (6I6) was noted/liked for the docility he tended to sire in his daughters.
Was not liked by all Angus breeders - some called him "ol' banana balls", and one local breeder told me, "Hell, we're trying to breed bulls with high scrotal score, why would I want to use something that's gonna shrink 'em?!"
Though, I did have one veterinarian suggest that LONG testicles, like 6I6 sired, might have more sperm producing tissue than they were given credit for, merely based on the routine circumferential measurement.

Lucky_P":2u8eg5kt said:
The bull (6I6) was noted/liked for the docility he tended to sire in his daughters.
Was not liked by all Angus breeders - some called him "ol' banana balls", and one local breeder told me, "be nice, we're trying to breed bulls with high scrotal score, why would I want to use something that's gonna shrink 'em?!"
Though, I did have one veterinarian suggest that LONG testicles, like 6I6 sired, might have more sperm producing tissue than they were given credit for, merely based on the routine circumferential measurement.
how were the udders on the daughters??

I dunno, AC. The one 6I6 daughter we have here is fine - but she's just coming with her second calf in the next week or so.
Haven't really looked at the neighbors' cows for udder quality, per se; most of their black cows are pretty good, a lot of 'em are 6I6s - some of the Polled Herefords not quite so much - and I'm a 'red cow' kinda guy, who grew up with Hereford cattle, so it's not a case of me just not liking 'em.

We have one 6i6 daughter. She just had her 3rd calf last week. Her udder is nice. Well attached to her body and really small short teats, just right for the calf but I am sure glad I didn't have to milk her. Her mother has one large teat and her udder is not as nicely attached, not terrible. I commented to my husband last week how 6i6 really improve her udder over her mothers. Just one cow so take it for what it is worth.

btw...she is the most gentle cow. Has been since she was a calf.

My 2 cents,
Farmgirl

Latest posts