Ripper ID

Help Support CattleToday:

Atimm693

Reaction score
We've been working up some virgin ground, some of which is super rocky.

I've been looking for a ripper to loosen up the rocks so they can be picked. Found this one for $600 on Facebook and bought it.

It works okay, I'd like to get some sharper points for the shanks, but have not been able to ID the ripper.

It could also use a few hundred pounds of suitcase weights since 3pts don't have down pressure.

It's definitely a DIY deal, I think the toolbar came off of a dozer or track loader and was modified for a 3pt.

The shanks have numbers cast into them but I haven't found anything by searching them. They are 16" from the bar to the tip, probably 20" overall.PXL_20210723_224053733.MP.jpgPXL_20210721_121208691.jpg

I would agree it is shop modified. Looks like it may have come off a small motorgrader to me. Can't see the tips well but they look like pin on tooth points. If you have a good heavy equipment dealer around they could probably match them up if you take one in.

I would agree it is shop modified. Looks like it may have come off a small motorgrader to me. Can't see the tips well but they look like pin on tooth points. If you have a good heavy equipment dealer around they could probably match them up if you take one in.

Motor grader makes sense. That would explain why they are so short.

They are just pin on points. One is broken off and the others are pretty much worn to nubs.

I ran a John Deere 450 track loader 1970's era that had a ripper similar to that and a Cat 12G motor grader from the early 80's that was similar but had longer shanks, most implement manufactures only use 2-3 shank to tooth designs a good old timer parts man should know. good luck.

I ran a John Deere 450 track loader 1970's era that had a ripper similar to that and a Cat 12G motor grader from the early 80's that was similar but had longer shanks, most implement manufactures only use 2-3 shank to tooth designs a good old timer parts man should know. good luck.

Thanks. The JD toolbars look identical to mine.

I'll take some measurements and see what I can find. I've learned too many times that finding something locally around here is usually an exercise in frustration.

I think sharper teeth alone will make a big difference since these are so blunted.

Latest posts