RIP Wilson

Help Support CattleToday:

Ah, so sorry..........I had a rooster named Little Jerry Seinfeld...he lived in the yard for a long time until my daughters dog got him. I'm planning one day to have a chicken tractor..so maybe i'll get another rooster again. Sure miss his wakeup calls.

Tough loss, yotes ate well and will be back. I can't have free range birds because of the yotes, hawks, eagles, raccoons, bobcats and probably one or two more animals I haven't seen in the middle of the night. Just a pile of feathers in the yard in a day or two.

So sorry to hear that. :( I lost my ducks the same way. Even putting them in at night.
Here my chickens have done ok. Put them up tight at night though.
Had one casualty with a fox after the chickens, the horse stomped the chicken while chasing the fox out! :(

I let mine free range from noon until time to go to the roost then secured at night, that's the way we've always done it. They generally stay in the yard or with the cattle. The yote was hungry and I guess that's the circle, but I or my husband will kill him if possible which is also the circle as I see it. I'm seriously going to miss our gentlemanly roo.

They do make fine coyote turds, as well as bobcat, house cat, dog, chicken hawk, coon, possum, skunk
and a few others . Back in my youth the most dangerous thing to a chicken was Sunday.
I lost a many a nights sleep over the Mrs. banny chickens.
Lot of varmits lost their lives as well

kucala5":2herpljr said:
I let mine free range from noon until time to go to the roost then secured at night, that's the way we've always done it. They generally stay in the yard or with the cattle. The yote was hungry and I guess that's the circle, but I or my husband will kill him if possible which is also the circle as I see it. I'm seriously going to miss our gentlemanly roo.

I hope you get a chance to stretch his hide kucala!

Sorry! But he was doing his job, the varmint got him and not the hens.

A nice rooster can grow on you. Our "Pretty Boy" is 7, 8 years old now, he'll keel over from old age one of these days and I'll miss him.

Latest posts