RIP Lola

Help Support CattleToday:

Isomade

Reaction score
In June we got our kids a full blood American Bulldog. She was the sweetest puppy I have ever seen. She never chewed, she was just a laid back little fat girl that loved to be petted and loved to eat. She was terrified of all vehicles and stayed on the porch. Today my son Jack and I got in the tractor and headed down the road. I never saw a thing but felt something when my back tire rolled over it. I just for the life of me can't figure out how she got that far from the house, or where she came from to run under the tractor tire. I'm just sick. Jack and I were the only two home, my two girls will be back tomorrow. We buried her and he said good by. I won't win the father of the year award.
a618f2c602fec645f7d1f39bce1213f1.jpg

Sorry to hear that too. I was at a buddy's farm yesterday and his big goat hounds were laying by the truck while we spoke. I backed up to leave and I hear him scolding one for almost getting run over...I felt a little sick thing how that would have stunk. They ain't old enough to respect a car yet I realized.

I'm sorry Iso. I've been in your shoes and it does suck.
It isn't anyone's fault although it is tough to deal with.
Sometimes a pet's role in life is to teach children how to grieve. Hugs to your children and you too.

Had my son on the tractor as well. He was driving, so I guess that means he had me. (He's 13) For some reason my old redbone was showing the new pup who the boss was. Pup ran under the moving tractor for cover I guess. Son nor I could move fast enough to shut down before it was over. It was his new pup, he was driving, it was awful :cry2: . Another good reason to keep a sidearm with you :?

Iso believe me when I say I know how you feel. Happenend to me with an old Corgi at someone elses house. I never say him run under the back wheels of the truck and my guess is he never saw me either! :frowns:

Ouch. I had two brothers get into a fight on the bed of the truck and the better one rolled off and got run over by the trailer and the brother that lived was just not the same after that. I felt like $hit for quite a while and my kids didn't even like those two.

cow pollinater":2yysm4qi said:
Ouch. I had two brothers get into a fight on the bed of the truck and the better one rolled off and got run over by the trailer and the brother that lived was just not the same after that. I felt like $hit for quite a while and my kids didn't even like those two.
That sounded wrong. Had to read it twice :lol:

Well dang, that's a tough deal. But, kids understand more than they are given credit for.

Only time I remember my granddad crying was when he had to tell dad and I he ran over our/his dog (we moved to town and the dog stayed at the farm with granddad, but we still saw him out there). Same kinda thing, dog ran out of the wheat field right into the tractor. It's weird, but granddad has been gone several years and that memory of him telling us is something I'll always remember about him. He was a good man, and it was one of those times that it showed the most.

I bet what your kids remember, is that you cared.

So very sorry Iso... you can see what a good dog she was and woulda been in her pic with your son. My condolences....

One of the biggest killers of farm dogs is farm equipment

Got to treat the dog like a two year old child all the time otherwise there WILL be a time it will not get out of the way. Tandem trailers and the back tires are the worst - dog turns to watch you and the back tire rolls right up over them.

We lock our collies up when we work equipment in the yard.

Sorry to hear about it - go and get another dog as soon as you are ready.

Death is never pretty, but it does happen - chin up and keep moving forward.

My best

Bez

That's tough. A 10x10 kennel might be a good idea for the next one. Dogs that get left unattended find their way into trouble more often than not.