RIP Freebie

Help Support CattleToday:

MO_cows

Reaction score
Well we lost the little character today. He was 15 1/2 years old, so he had a good long life. He had cheated death 3 times before, and once he almost killed a Great Dane who got on his nerves- honest! But old age finally caught up with him.

foof_smallfile.jpg

So sorry for your loss Mo....

sometimes the 4-leggeds are more like family than some of our 2-leggeds!

Old age will catch up to all of us, some sooner, some later.

May memories of Freebie always make you smile

I am so very sorry for your loss MO. My deepest condolences to you. I know about the loss of a four legged loved one and all of the years and happy memories of them still does not take the pain away. May you one day be able to think of all the memories with only a few tears and hopefully in time you will be able to one day smile about them. :heart:

Thanks, everyone. We're gonna miss the little squirt. The only small dog we ever had, or are likely to have. It doesn't hurt like the last dog we lost, who was in her prime but got bone cancer. There is sadness that his time ran out but it somehow is comforting to know that he got to complete his natural life cycle.

So sorry to hear about your dog. Knowing that the day has to come doesn't make it any easier to live through. I hope your memories of him always brings a smile to your day.

What a precious part of your life. I'm a big dog person, yet, 10 years ago I got 2 rat terriers...won't go into the details of why...and I can't imagine my life w/o them. When I leave town, my sister comes to stay with them...or my brother stops by at least twice a day. My heart goes out to you...

Alice :heart:

Loss of a loved dog is always painful. I've had a dog sence my Father brought the first one home for me when I was a small boy, A little ball of solid white fur and I named him Snowball. My children have always had a family dog for a pet.

Recently the farrier was here to trim our horses. He ask Kathy if he could use our rest room and of course she said yes. I was in the living room with our Grandaughter "Lily" she is four. When the farrier entered Lily was watching one of those childrens programs on TV. When "Simon" saw the farrier he ran between him and Lily. I gotta tell you I've never saw so much white teeth from him. He will be eleven this year and would have attacked the farrier and no doubt fought till his death to protect Lily if I had not called him off. Simon is a short legged Jack Russell Terrier. In time we will loose him hopefully to old age. That will be a very sad day in our family. We are sorry that you lost your loved pet as we know that feeling, God Bless you
~Tom

Mo, I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend, companion, and member of your family. :(

I sure am sorry for your loss. We have a Pom that is going on 11. He's a PITA most of the time but what a character. He regularily punks my labs and went after some deer the other day. I have had to fight him for a 2lb chunk of raw Elk meat. So it comes as no surprise that your little fella tackled a Great Dane.
I sure would like to see the film of that episode.

I hope you get past his loss, I know how you feel and it stinks. Never forget it's ALWAYS about the size of the fight in the dog when it comes to a POM