Riding Lawnmower

Help Support CattleToday:

I took a second look. The deck comes off, and it has small utility bed on the back. I wouldn't buy it, but I like it.

Took apart that Kohler carb again today. That old Craftsman just aint gonna die. If it did I would buy something. Until then I am too cheap to throw out nickels for something like that.

What peaked my interest in the design was no belt's.
You cann't use a belt driven lawnmower on my place angle on the hill is to steep.
I actually have to have one with a real tranny, this one here work's off the diesel/generator principle.
It should go anywhere.

Hey, I like that. If they had come out with it two years ago, I might have gotten one.

Limomike":j5il8wgy said:
Hey, I like that. If they had come out with it two years ago, I might have gotten one.

When I seen it I liked the idea, I am with Brute I like where they are headed.
They get one beefed up you could use as a four wheeled lawn mower I am in.

I wonder about lawn mower engineers. Mine has 6 speeds. I think that you need to be on the freeway to shift into 6th. I mow in first and my lawn is flat. I put in third one time and it was a lot faster than I care to go on a lawn mower. And it has head lights???? Who the heck mows their lawn at night?

Dave":odzl0wsi said:
I wonder about lawn mower engineers. Mine has 6 speeds. I think that you need to be on the freeway to shift into 6th. I mow in first and my lawn is flat. I put in third one time and it was a lot faster than I care to go on a lawn mower. And it has head lights???? Who the heck mows their lawn at night?

I only get to mow my yard a couple of times a year in the daylight. If it were not for headlights I would have to bale my yard. A good head lamp works well to weedeat by as well.

Dave":3o3h1ki3 said:

Many times I have mowed at night, and those lights come in mighty handy.

I am close enough to the edge of town that most any pleasant evening I can hear a lawn mower or two running. I have never heard one running after dark. The only person I know around here to hear of such a thing is a friend who had a tweeker for a neighbor. He woke up at 3:00 AM to the sound of a lawn mower running. Went out and looked and the tweeker had taped a flashlight to his push mower's handle bars and was mowing away.
Maybe it is a regional thing or the fact that it stays light here in the summer until 10:00. When it is light at 5:00 AM and stays light until after 10:00 PM why mow in the dark. But I have never heard of this before.

They'd have to come with better tires than what the pic shows to get around here. I'm not much on hybrid anything mechanical tho.

Dave":38jx8hue said:
I am close enough to the edge of town that most any pleasant evening I can hear a lawn mower or two running. I have never heard one running after dark. The only person I know around here to hear of such a thing is a friend who had a tweeker for a neighbor. He woke up at 3:00 AM to the sound of a lawn mower running. Went out and looked and the tweeker had taped a flashlight to his push mower's handle bars and was mowing away.
Maybe it is a regional thing or the fact that it stays light here in the summer until 10:00. When it is light at 5:00 AM and stays light until after 10:00 PM why mow in the dark. But I have never heard of this before.
When you live were summer temps hover around 100 degrees and 90% humidity mowing at night starts to get attractive :cowboy:

HOSS":3s4m1jhz said:
Dave":3s4m1jhz said:
When you live were summer temps hover around 100 degrees and 90% humidity mowing at night starts to get attractive :cowboy:
And another thing for my list of why I don't live there.

Latest posts