• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Trail Riding

randiliana

Reaction score
Well, actually it was a poker derby, but same idea and we got to see some wonderful country. This is only about 15 miles SW of where I live, in one of the Community Pastures. It was a couple weeks ago now.

Starting out, down the trail we go

Some cows, wondering if they are under attack...

There was even a wagon along

More riders

Some scenery, pretty green, and pretty wet for late September!!

More scenery, yes, that IS an outhouse :???:

Looking back..

Landmarks, these are just up the hill from an old homestead. They built them so that they knew where they were heading. The hills look pretty similar a lot of times!

The sandstones

A couple of riders on top

Interesting old rocks, there is even a cave in them

A view from the other side

More scenery

peg4x4

Reaction score
That looks like soo much fun! Thanks for the photos.

brownmule

Reaction score
wow what a great time you all must of had. beautiful pictures, now i want to hit the trail.. so jealous... lol thanks for shearing.. Rose :cboy:

randiliana

Reaction score
You are all welcome. And thanks for the compliments!! That is the only trail ride I got on this year. As for the photos, it is amazing how good the photos come out when you are on the back of a GOOD horse!!

spoon

Reaction score
Beautiful pics Randi!! Thanks for posting them. Wasn't what I expected at all. We trail ride like this.

alisonb

Reaction score
I find the rock formations or rather erosion intrigueing and was thinking water years ago? Could it be? Loverly area(especially the space) and pics.
Spoon-think i would prefer Randi's trail,yours looks a bit hairy!

randiliana

Reaction score
Spoon, that's not riding, that's driving :nod: I think I will stick to my horses tooo, that looks a bit too much for me ;-)

Alison, they are sandstone, so relatively easily eroded. A lot would certainly have been water, but since we don't get a lot of rain, it takes years.

alisonb

Reaction score
Randi-was thinking more Gondwana days.Sandstone is formed when beaches, dunes,seabeds (sand) are covered over the years. :?:

Latest posts