Ribeye compare

Help Support CattleToday:

We had our beef hung for 21 days, and it turned out excellent. Our beef from last year was the worse beef we have ever had. I am not sure we got our beef back, dad always thought the steaks we to big for a young steer. The packer we used last year would only hang it for 14 days. After talking with a friend that took a steer to them, I am not sure it was slaughtered on the day it was supposed to be. They took one down to them, and 5 days later it still had not be slaughtered; they were needing the hanging weight so they could bill their customer. Oh and the packer told them they were feeding it, and that it probably gained 10 pounds. If that is what happened to ours, I seriously doubt that it was slaughtered on the gain.
I do believe I'd have a friggin fit!
I had a hanging weight within 6 hrs of drop off. They get right with it!

I do believe I'd have a friggin fit!
I had a hanging weight within 6 hrs of drop off. They get right with it!
This friend was. That packer got where they would not answer his calls. He finally used his wife's phone and got ahold of them. Called the sheriff to have them down there when he picked up his steer; he didn't want them to say he stole someones critter.

After hearing what he went through I started thinking that my steer I took there may have had the same thing happen, and most likely was losing weight once slaughtered.

I will no longer use that packer. Our packer before them was pretty good, but he retired.