RFD Horse Auction

Help Support CattleToday:

flaboy?

Reaction score
I happened across the auction on RFD this weekend. It was somewhere in Idaho. Boy was I shocked. Some really nice broken/trained fillies going for next to nothing. $2-$3,000. Heck you can't get one trained down here for that.

I only saw one yearling stud (Blue Roan) go. He went for $4600. I wanted to see some more males go but I had stuff to do. Anyone see any males go and for how much?

What is funny is that I saw the same (I think) auction mentioned on The Horse Colors board, and the forum members there were pleased with how HIGH the prices were! Lots of people giving broke horses away where I am (B.C Canada).

Seems down here folks keep track of every nickle they put into a horse and when they go to sell it they ask for what they have invested. I overheard a lady the other day tell another lady she has a $40,000 horse (gelding). She shows him and he never wins. I know her husband and know he would never consider paying anywhere near that for a horse. So she must have kept track of her expenses. :lol:

Looking at it like that, There are probably an awful lot of $20,000 horses out there.

My two must be up to about 5 or 6 thousand each by now.

Latest posts