Replacing old china

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
My wife was raised by her Grandmother, she just recieved her Grandmother's old china from her aunt. Many of the pieces are broken. I'm guessing this china is from the 50's maybe early 60's, any ideas were I may get these pieces replaced? The china seems to mean a great deal to my wife.

Thanks,
Alan

Alan":re4fy530 said:
My wife was raised by her Grandmother, she just recieved her Grandmother's old china from her aunt. Many of the pieces are broken. I'm guessing this china is from the 50's maybe early 60's, any ideas were I may get these pieces replaced? The china seems to mean a great deal to my wife.

Thanks,
Alan

Find out who made the china by looking at the maker's mark and name of the pattern on the bottom and then contact a business that sells that kind and ask if they can get the pattern or nook you up with an individual that has it. Or maybe an antique dealer. You might be able to replace what's missing in that way.

Alan":e7uhv7cl said:

Thanks,
Alan

http://dishesfromthepast.com/

Gate Opener":2tygcsvm said:
Check with http://www.replacements.com.

Might be cheaper on ebay or craigslist. I bought flatware that wasn't made anymore for my mom through ebay. Got it from all over.

Found some stem ware just like my maternal grandmothers from a flea market in Weatherford, TX. Cheap. I bought the pieces just because. Don't know who in the family got the stem ware but I have some to add if I see it some day.

It is always easier to spot this stuff live, but I'd start with eBay too if I had a deadline or window.

DO YOU HAVE A PICTURE YOU CAN POST HERE? OR SHARE THE NAME OF THE CHINA AND THE MFG?

MOM

Latest posts