Renting a bull

Help Support CattleToday:

Named'em Tamed'em

Reaction score
This last breeding season I was wiped out mentally and physically and no way was I going to get 4 cows bred AI. So I called my neighbor that has a half dozen nice bulls and he brought an Angus over to my place for about 50 days. I called him yesterday and asked what I owed him now that 4 calves were on the ground. How about $100 , you have good loading facilities and always feed him well! Sweet deal I think!20211001_154800.jpg20211001_154803.jpg

This last breeding season I was wiped out mentally and physically and no way was I going to get 4 cows bred AI. So I called my neighbor that has a half dozen nice bulls and he brought an Angus over to my place for about 50 days. I called him yesterday and asked what I owed him now that 4 calves were on the ground. How about $100 , you have good loading facilities and always feed him well! Sweet deal I think!View attachment 20346View attachment 20347
That's a bull !!!!! Great that you and your neighbor can do that and have a REAL NICE bull like that sire some calves. How are you feeling now? Things going along okay????

That's a bull !!!!! Great that you and your neighbor can do that and have a REAL NICE bull like that sire some calves. How are you feeling now? Things going along okay????
I'm doing WAY better!! Got my first clean biopsies last month, first time in 12 months that I was clean!! I'm going in for more testing tomorrow. I'm taking my little boat across the Salt chuck to avoid "traffic" and save a buck. Pictures of my commute tomorrow. Thanks for asking 😊

I'm doing WAY better!! Got my first clean biopsies last month, first time in 12 months that I was clean!! I'm going in for more testing tomorrow. I'm taking my little boat across the Salt chuck to avoid "traffic" and save a buck. Pictures of my commute tomorrow. Thanks for asking 😊
HOORAY(y)
🥰😁

This last breeding season I was wiped out mentally and physically and no way was I going to get 4 cows bred AI. So I called my neighbor that has a half dozen nice bulls and he brought an Angus over to my place for about 50 days. I called him yesterday and asked what I owed him now that 4 calves were on the ground. How about $100 , you have good loading facilities and always feed him well! Sweet deal I think!View attachment 20346View attachment 20347
You could drive all over the country, wear a brand new set of tires off your truck and trailer, and don't know that you could find a bull much better, no matter what you had to spend on one. And your calf pics just reinforces that. If you had to pay him $100 a calf, it would still be a bargain, vs paying AI cost or the cost of buying and maintaining a bull. Of course, good as he is, it ain't all him. Looks like you have a damned good set of gals, too!

Latest posts