Reminic/smart little lena

Help Support CattleToday:

cow pollinater

Reaction score
I see a reminic/smart little lena bred gelding for sale that I'm thinking about calling on that's supposed to have a pretty good disposition.
I've always favored poco Buenos and Jackie bees for making ranch horses and I've had a good supply of them but it's running out. Not so much running out as getting diluted.
What are the reminics like? what are the smart little lenas like?
What I want is a solid gelding that I can turn out for awhile and still have the same horse when I get back on him. I want a level head that will also work a cow. I DON'T need a superstar cowhorse that jumps off the side of the mountain the first time a pig or bear comes around the corner or one that has to be warmed up every time you go to use them.
The horse I'm looking at is six so he'd still need some miles but I'll trade a level head for miles any day. One that has both is a goldmine.
What are your thoughts on reminic/ smart little lena?

cow pollinater":1mwf15gj said:
I see a reminic/smart little lena bred gelding for sale that I'm thinking about calling on that's supposed to have a pretty good disposition.
I've always favored poco Buenos and Jackie bees for making ranch horses and I've had a good supply of them but it's running out. Not so much running out as getting diluted.
What are the reminics like? what are the smart little lenas like? What I want is a solid gelding that I can turn out for awhile and still have the same horse when I get back on him. I want a level head that will also work a cow. I DON'T need a superstar cowhorse that jumps off the side of the mountain the first time a pig or bear comes around the corner or one that has to be warmed up every time you go to use them.
The horse I'm looking at is six so he'd still need some miles but I'll trade a level head for miles any day. One that has both is a goldmine.
What are your thoughts on reminic/ smart little lena?
dont know what their like ,, but the doc bar and san peppy in her pedigree, can be a hand full. though once seasoned makes a he%$ of a cow horse..ive still got a poco bueno horse. though good for all around ranch horse, outdated in the arena where folks want fireballs..

I don't like to see doc bar in anything up close but I've had a few that were not bad. He's in just about everything so it's hard to find one without some influence.
I had one gelding that was doc bar up close on both sides. He was a tough SOB. He would literally slam himself into the fence rather than let one get by... He also made me pee blood on two separate occasions where I managed to ride him and he won a few times but he was a he!! of a horse... I don't ever want another one like him but he was a he!! of a horse. :nod:

Latest posts