Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Non church going christian

• Non religious

• Muslim

• Total voters
Church-going christian-don't figure the denomination matters at all but as point of interest...First Christian Church

As far as ministers...there are exciting ones and there are, pardon, dull ones. Just like everybody else! Thing is, the dull ones reach different people than the live wires and vice versa. All part of God's design.

how did you think up the name "Cowspider?"

I got the nickname spider as a teenager, because I "was" tall and all arms and legs. cowspider just came to be. I consider my self a cowboy preacher, don't have a church of my own at this time, but work with a great one part time. :cboy:

We have a "Cowboy Church" close to our house. Never been there so I don't know what they preach, but I like the name. On the sign is says "Come as you are".

sidney411":15yp4fp8 said:
We have a "Cowboy Church" close to our house. Never been there so I don't know what they preach, but I like the name. On the sign is says "Come as you are".

Are you refering to the one around Bellville?

Victoria":1tzx6r37 said:
I really enjoy Max Lucado too. I think my favourite of his was He Chose The Nails, that was an excellent book. Charles Swindoll and Randy Alcorn are favourites of mine.

I must say I have never heard of the other authors you mentioned but then I have only been reading Christian books for the last five or six years.

"He Chose The Nails" is good. "In The Grip Of Grace" may be my favorite.

The other authors wrote in the 1920's era. You have to know where to get their books.

Church of Christ here, born-raised and attend

Am watching the Pope's funeral now on TV - one cannot help but be impressed by the centuries of tradition and the effect on the world by one humble man.

I voted non church going Christian-I haven't been in a while and boy is my mama on my butt about it. I was raised Church of Christ and that's basically what I believe-however I won't be judging anybody's religion, it's not up to me and in today's world it's good to see people going to church. I keep saying I'm going back and I plan to-I stopped going for the wrong reason, got tired of seeing some of the people acting one way on Sunday and another way during the week. It's interesting to read what you folks say about religion and I respect everybody-but usually this type of discussion gets heated up pretty quick. I watched some of the Pope's funeral this morning and it was very interesting, he was a great man and I'm sorry to hear of his death.

rustler9, i hope you will start going again... dont let people get you down, man will always fail you... and there will always be trouble in the church. always has been and will be until Jesus comes back... remember these 2 verses and it will help keep things in perspective... I Cor 10:13, and Phil 4:13..

jt

greenwillowherefords":bt8ov8ei said:
Victoria":bt8ov8ei said:
I really enjoy Max Lucado too. I think my favourite of his was He Chose The Nails, that was an excellent book. Charles Swindoll and Randy Alcorn are favourites of mine.

I must say I have never heard of the other authors you mentioned but then I have only been reading Christian books for the last five or six years.

"He Chose The Nails" is good. "In The Grip Of Grace" may be my favorite.

The other authors wrote in the 1920's era. You have to know where to get their books.

Of course as an ordained minister you would know where to get them. :)

Look for garage sales at parsonages, look in used bookstores that specialize in that kind of thing. Besides that, I have friends whose hobby is buying and selling these rare books. A list of good authors:

Robert G Lee, F.W. Boreham(pastored for years in Australia), Clovis Chappel, Clarence Macartney, Leonard Ravenhill, A.W. Tozer.........

Some of these are available as reprints in Christian bookstores as well. Campmeetings are a great place to find books as well. Dozens of evangelists and pastors there, many ready to do some book-swapping!

The best book of all? The KJV Bible!

Take Care.

Thanks for the list greenwillowherefords, maybe I will try looking on EBay. I know I have heard of A.W. Tozer... trying to place where.

I prefer the NIV to the KJV. I am always amazed though how many Christians will read Christian books but not the Bible, THE Christian book.

Thanks again for the info.:)

Latest posts