Regrets

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Was driving down a state highway today and as I reached the top of the hill I saw where a trooper had pulled someone over for speeding or possibly a seat belt violation. Its near the end of the month so they are patrolling hard.

The criminal who was getting fined for whatever had pulled completely off the highway but the trooper had both tires a good two feet on the highway and had left his driver's door open thus eating up nearly half the lane. In my mind I heard, "Danger Will Robinson" and began to look for ways out of this mess and began to slow down but I couldn't stop because I had a semi right behind me. The car in front of me swerved into the other lane to miss the trooper's door. Remember this is at the crest of a hill so he crossed the yellow line and was in the other lane. My stupid radar was screaming and I was looking for an out because I just knew a semi would crest the hill and it would get ugly quick. I was wrong. It wasn't a semi but a car with a woman and some children. She hit her brakes and went for the shoulder and the two cars missed a head on collision by just a few feet but then came my turn. I squeezed by the officer's open door missing it by inches and the woman driving the other car had come to almost a complete stop with half her vehicle in the road at the crest of the hill. I look back as the semi swerves to miss the officer's door and he makes it by without incident and with the woman half off the road this allowed the semi to pass safely by her and the children. Thankfully there was no traffic on the other side of the hill so the woman didn't get rear ended.

Thinking back, I sortof regret not taking the trooper's door off but I'm sure I would have been cited for driving too fast for conditions and the whole thing would have been my fault because after all this officer was only doing his job keeping the highways safe for us by fining people for not driving safely.

jedstivers":u93slpje said:
He was fresh out of the academy and doing it how they trained him to do it. Sad isn't it?
Bet he had combat boots and little fingerless gloves too.

I was thinking brainless hat generally goes with that set up as well.

Glad you posted this Jo, I about forgot to send in my donation to make the desolate highways safe. Had that old boy not been sitting out there all alone watching the weeds grow, no telling what might of happened. I'm just glad to be able to do my part.

Latest posts