Registering a DDC Angus

Help Support CattleToday:

kilroy60

Reaction score
Quick question. Was told that AAA no longer allows any registration of offspring regardless of which parent has the DDC genetic condition. I've looked on the AAA website but can't find any proof of that. Does anyone know if this is a true statement?

Thanks

I think that is NOT true, to be sure why don't you contact your regional manager or the Angus association directly.. You would have the answer in 5 min or less. Lets us know what you find out.

DD is classified as a non lethal defect, so I think you can still register DDC animals. Maybe they had a window to register them and that window has closed I don't know.

kilroy60":34k8xoq7 said:
Quick question. Was told that AAA no longer allows any registration of offspring regardless of which parent has the DDC genetic condition. I've looked on the AAA website but can't find any proof of that. Does anyone know if this is a true statement?

Thanks

That can't be true. I know for a fact there is a major farm getting with an auction coming ahead that is selling a prime bull that is DDC.

Procedures The following procedures shall be followed in connection with the registration status of potential and known carriers of M1, DD and OH: I. Status of Currently Registered Females and Bulls A. As used herein, the word "currently" in the phrase "currently registered" shall mean that date on which laboratories approved by the Association began to provide a commercial DNA test for the mutation to the membership. B. All currently registered females and bulls with the impacted genetics in their pedigrees shall remain registered. In other words, their registrations will not be revoked, cancelled or suspended. C. All currently registered females and bulls with the impacted genetics in their pedigrees that are tested and determined to be carriers of the mutation shall remain registered. II. Resulting Progeny of Carrier Females and Bulls All resulting progeny of currently registered carrier females or carrier bulls may be registered without submitting to testing. Notwithstanding such registration, the Association shall place or electronically display a notation, as described in Section VII of this Policy, on each Performance Registration Certificate, Angus Performance Pedigree or any other pedigree displayed electronically.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":13h5qrv1 said:
So, if I read this correct, they can be registered, the status of the dam and/or sire will be noted on the papers??

That is correct Jeanne.

Latest posts