Regenerative grazing.

Help Support CattleToday:

andybob":3cpyeno8 said:
Is anyone attending the Sustainable Ranching and Regenerative Grazing courses in July and August?
Where?

Wow! $500 is a lot of money for three days. We took several manage intensive grazing courses, along with haying, from the extension and most were pretty cheap (like, less than $50). I was sure thankful for that!

Fire Sweep Ranch":1aivtfsl said:
Wow! $500 is a lot of money for three days. We took several manage intensive grazing courses, along with haying, from the extension and most were pretty cheap (like, less than $50). I was sure thankful for that!
Just watch Greg Judy's videos on youtube....for free. IMO he is pretty much at the forefront of the whole grazing phenomenon here in the USA. There's a lot of advice out there this not very helpful and just plain confusing.
Here is a really good article IMO.

http://www.nuffieldinternational.org/re ... eport_.pdf

Cattle grazing and raising grass for them is a never ending learning experience. You need to study all the different grazing systems for cattle. What you end up with, may be a hybred of several of them. No two places are the same so you have to adapt a system to fit your soil conditions and rainfall and always planning for a drought even in the wet years, also you will always be changing the system as you learn how the different soils and grasses on your land produce. My :2cents:

cowboy43":dnix82v8 said:
Cattle grazing and raising grass for them is a never ending learning experience. You need to study all the different grazing systems for cattle. What you end up with, may be a hybred of several of them. No two places are the same so you have to adapt a system to fit your soil conditions and rainfall and always planning for a drought even in the wet years, also you will always be changing the system as you learn how the different soils and grasses on your land produce. My :2cents:

EXCELLENT POST..... :clap: :clap: :cowboy:

cowboy43":31zat4db said:

Couldnt have said it better myself. We have been in a drought for the past two years and due to good pasture managment and buying decisions we have been in a growing phase while eveybody else has been selling off.

Latest posts