Red Dirt Music

Help Support CattleToday:

gildehbc

Reaction score
Anybody a follower/fan of Red Dirt Music? Our local fair is considering a combo of Chris Knight/ Jason Boland and the Sragglers / Turnpike Troubadors????? Would any of you you are fans have any comments on these guys?

Chris Knight is the most underrated songwriter I know of. They are all three good, but Chris Knight dominates my ipod.

It should be noted that Chris Knight comes from the red dirt of western KY, and only moved to TX to try and teach em something. lol

All 3 of the bands put on a great performance, good for both dancing and listening -- Here's some good songs from each:

Jason Boland -- "Outlaw Band from Oklahoma"; "Pearl Snaps"
TT -- "Hot Summer Day"; "Smoke, gin, and lies"
Knight -- "Framed"; "Becky's Bible"....

Craig Miller":3dabkanu said:
dun":3dabkanu said:
Sounds to me like a typical garage band

That's part of the appeal I think. It reminds me of some of the old school country
I just prefer them to at least be able to carry a tune and not be off key

dun":2rgwucei said:
Craig Miller":2rgwucei said:
dun":2rgwucei said:
Sounds to me like a typical garage band

That's part of the appeal I think. It reminds me of some of the old school country
I just prefer them to at least be able to carry a tune and not be off key

.... but the ladies love it.... herds of skirts wearing cowboy boots :nod: :cowboy:

Went to check all that out - took me to this..

[youtube]https://youtu.be/pYdvxBxHX2U[/youtube]

Uncle Lucius will be splitting up soon. They are playing here in San Angelo on the 30th, i believe, it will be one of their last shows...sad indeed!!

I think it's just a ....this isn't working out how we wanted, let's all try something else thing...but not sure.

Latest posts