Red Brahma Cow /calf

Help Support CattleToday:

Joy of Texas

Reaction score
Zelda had her baby Apr.13 th.
P1000235.jpg

P1000264.jpg

Can't get enough of seeing those cute colourful calves! :D what's the birth wt?

That does it Joy! i just dont think i can handle opening anymore of your posts anymore.

I like the colors. And talk about white! That's definitely a Chlorox white if I've ever seen one. Ma did a good job.

thats 1 cute calf.with zelda being solid colored.i dont know how that calf got a good paint job.

Joy,

You sure have some pretty paints. I don't think I'll ever select in an attempt to produce and retain paints, but I never intend to ship them away because they're paints either. Congrats on a nice calf.

EC

I LOVE looking at your babies. :pretty:
Man alive ~ think they'd do OK up here?
I surely wouldn't mind having a buch of those.

Beefy":2ew0y6rr said:
That does it Joy! i just dont think i can handle opening anymore of your posts anymore.
Aw now beefy,I have several more calving. You will never know what you will miss. LOL
This son of mine that owns this cow has decided to breed his own paint brahmas.I told him go for it. I'm sure there is already some that are paint. I know there are speckled ones.
The little heifer weighed 61 lbs. I swear it's all legs and ears.
You know East Caney, I guess I'm not afraid to try new things. I get up every day and watch those paints. I have people stopping all the time just to look at them. And ask what are you going to do with them ? Can we take pictures ? Then we have the REAL cattle men stop by What the heck are ya'll doing ? Are those longhorns ? One of my neighbors who also raises beefmasters. Told me a few months ago something on the same lines as your quote. Low and behold on my way to check on my sale barn heifers. He has 2 brand new paint calves in his pasture. I guess I'll have to go have a cup of coffee with him and see what's up !
Thanks all,it's a joy raising them.

I'll be up there shortly to pic the both them up!! Naw just joking I love looking at your cattle!

Joy of Texas":dznqzs02 said:
Beefy":dznqzs02 said:
Aw now beefy,I have several more calving. You will never know what you will miss. LOL

do not tease me, Joy.
i have mowed a landing strip for that mom and calf to come visit me anytime.

Beefy":e8a9q9i4 said:
Joy of Texas":e8a9q9i4 said:
Beefy":e8a9q9i4 said:

do not tease me, Joy.
i have mowed a landing strip for that mom and calf to come visit me anytime.

Just cause they have big ears doesn;t mean they can FLY!

Joy,

Again, I admit that I love looking at a good paint cow or calf. The calves are especially cute. At the same time, I love looking at any good cattle. I just don't care to have to develop a marketing avenue for my calves to prevent being molested at the sale barn for a paint beef animal that will yield very well and grade fine too...because paint or solid, horned or polled, red or black, some will need to go to the sale barn. I need the maximize that income as best I can. Buyers look for reasons to buy animals cheap all day long...regardless of any tests that show how well certain cattle can perform in a feedlot.

EC

Latest posts