Red & Black Simmentals

Help Support CattleToday:

Jeanne - Simme Valley

Reaction score
Just thought I would share a couple pretty pics. Cattle are fenced away from pond. They were on their way to paddock that they are grazing. Just came from getting water. Calves and other cattle must be still lounging at waterer lot. These pics were taken yesterday. Two lead cows are standing this morning.
SV_herd_1_w_pond.jpg

SV_herd_2_w_pond.jpg

This is a 9-28-05 Macho heifer "Jada" sold to a junior.
Jada_1.jpg

OK back to little pics - hmmm - gotta fix that.

It would sure be nice of the pictures were big enough that I could see them

dun

dun":36jxzvjc said:
It would sure be nice of the pictures were big enough that I could see them

dun
Well, been working on getting pics bigger.
Not working. Been posting them to Photo gallery - :mad: taking forever & still getting little pics.
I'll have to try later. Gotta get outside.

WFM, neat pics. But why did you let them out on the golf course? That's the shortest grass I've seen in a while. I can rub it in now since we're up to our expectations in grass around here

dun

That sure is a good lookin herd you got there Jeanne. I know I'd be proud to have 'em

Ryan

Boy those are some of the widest cows I've seen! Nice! Thanks for sharing,
Susie

That is one good lookin heifer. I assume she is sired by Macho? How old is she?

We gave two acres of land on the back side of our farm to my inlaws. These are pics taken from their house. Yes our grass is SLOWLY coming. We are expecting rain tonight & maybe tomorrow. Sure hope it doesn't miss us.
The heifer is a 9-28-05 Macho daughter. She was sold in the Blockbuster sale last month. Went to a NY Junior so she will be shown at NY State Fair. We have two more the same age (Macho daughters). We will be showing one of them. Will be interesting. The one we sold is the best right now. We always love to be beat by ones we sell. :D Best advertising we can do.
Dun, evidently that 6 inches of rain has helped you.

simmievalley= what % are your cattle do you know?, 80% simmental , 20% angus?? red and black simmental cattle are becoming more popular in australia.

topsquar":2nj6njt8 said:
simmievalley= what % are your cattle do you know?, 80% simmental , 20% angus?? red and black simmental cattle are becoming more popular in australia.
All my cattle are registered Purebreds, but yes all "American Purebred" Simmentals have a % of some other breeds. According to Cornell U (they do all the EPD's), the "average" black Simmental is 92% pure Simmental. Some more some less (of course there are now a lot of 1/2 bloods because they are extremely popular). And actually, I just purchase a PB cow that has a 1/2 blood Simmental heifer calf on side.

Well the pic isn't showing up on my computer of that heifer. Guess I will wait for the next one. :)

Jeanne my dad just got rid of some longhorns and bought some black simmys with calves at side and bred back. I was wanting to get some info for him and I on them ( registered).

ever heard of a bull called gambler? sorry thats all I got from my dad, I know it is't much to go on. The cows are also bred back to a bull called legacy? They were A-I ed . Thanks JHH

Both bulls are Homo Blk & Homo Polled. Legacy (Select Sire - #1937373) has better calving ease numbers, but Gambler (ABS - #2044500) has better growth, milk & carcass traits. I have used Legacy. Good calves, but better as cows.
Hmmm, if he AI's next year, I know a good bull he could use :D

Jeanne - Simme Valley":1mlfrmq2 said:
Both bulls are Homo Blk & Homo Polled. Legacy (Select Sire - #1937373) has better calving ease numbers, but Gambler (ABS - #2044500) has better growth, milk & carcass traits. I have used Legacy. Good calves, but better as cows.
Hmmm, if he AI's next year, I know a good bull he could use :D

Thanks, Do you know where I can find the avg. EPD stuff. and also a frame score chart?

JHH

Pic of that heifer showed up VERY NICE. Would also love to use that backhoe for about 2 days. :)

Latest posts