red angus heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

showing71

Reaction score
We rough clipped our show calves this weekend, so I thought I'd share. All are purebred Red Angus. I didn't get pictures of 2 of the open heifers, they didn't have much of an interest in standing to take pictures. They still have about 2 months to go before the show, so hopefully they'll get a little more bloom off the show feed by then.
Bred heifers:
IMG_1262-1.jpg

IMG_1222-1.jpg

Opens:
IMG_1267-1.jpg

IMG_1301-1.jpg

Baldie Maker":2rmh7rzh said:
bred heifer
Well... the manager of a local sale barn stopped over the other day to look at some crossbred open heifers we have, and also looked at these. He told me that we shouldn't let any of them go for under $5000. That first heifer is out of a tremendous cow line, so to us, she's worth quite a bit more than that.

nice, My Girlfriends family used conquest and BWJ Julian 17P. I''m looking forward to their red angus calves nxt year.

The show is in 2 weeks. Here are some updated pictures. I wasn't able to get a picture of all of them, they were too busy exploring the new pasture.

IMG_2140.jpg

IMG_2124-2.jpg

IMG_2147.jpg

IMG_2133.jpg

IMG_2158.jpg

You showing that one in the 4th picture as a cow calf pair? :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

They look great!

3waycross":2158rwgg said:
You showing that one in the 4th picture as a cow calf pair? :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

They look great!
:lol: The 4th is an open heifer. Now you can see why she needed to be turned out to pasture for a while :lol: . She takes after her mom in that aspect.

sim.-ang.king":2w2z8eus said:
Not enough long Hair... :D ...They look good anyways :lol2: :lol2:
It's been a bad winter for growing hair. 50 degree days don't help much, especially on red angus.

Latest posts