Red angus bull, when is he ready?

Help Support CattleToday:

Turin53

Reaction score
We have a red angus bull, he seems interested in our two cows, but that's all. How old does he have to be to be willing and able to breed? He is about a year and a half now.

Turin53":2d0fzsp4 said:
We have a red angus bull, he seems interested in our two cows, but that's all. How old does he have to be to be willing and able to breed? He is about a year and a half now.

That might depend on how he's been developed. How big is he? I'd expect a well grown out Angus or Red Angus bull to be ready to breed by 12-14 months.

If we have more than one bull, and only two cows, could that be why he hasn't performed? I think we just have too many bulls and not enough "girls". Ya think the same?

Turin53":1fk8nycx said:
If we have more than one bull, and only two cows, could that be why he hasn't performed? I think we just have too many bulls and not enough "girls". Ya think the same?

Might be. :) If the other bull is older, he may have beat up the younger one until he's afraid to try to mount a cow.

Or he may be a moonlight romeo. Are you sure the girls aren;t bred? Pedro was 14 months when we turned him in with the cows, settled Granny an hour after he got off the trailer.

dun

Latest posts