Recording your hunts..

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
Does anyone in here record their hunts? I am thinking about getting something like the action camera or adapter for my guns or bow to record using my cell phone or something I only have one video of me hunting and hilling and posted it on youtube.

I don't like the idea of filming the death of an animal. Seems sortof sick and disrespectful to the wildlife. I think it could also be used as fodder for the anti's to use against our hunting privledges.

Well I can understand that but .. Have you seen the hunting channel lol I may be getting sponsored by a predator call company for predator hunting so I plan on trying to start recording some hunts to show them. I also think no matter if its on video or not when people ride the animal around on the tops of their cars dog boxes or visual to public is much worse than video taping an ethical kill. I think when you have field dressed deer forced onto you and you are not a hunter thats much worse. I must admit I ride deer on my dog box but they are not field dressed. Here alot of guys ride the heads only of a nice buck they kill I don't do that at all.

There is all kinds of stuff out there. They have mounts that hold your iphone and shoot thru while you record. Go pro has picatinny rail mounts. There are mounts for regular video cameras that go on your windor or clamp on your blind.

I like videos if they are tastefull. We don't need to see you gut shooting deer and them running off like on tv.

Here are a couple of my favorites. If these don't make you smile you got some thing wrong.

Nice shots. I am looking at something I can atach to the tree stand bar so that way when shot is taken it doesnt get distorted.

skyhightree1":37i8xqya said:
Well I can understand that but .. Have you seen the hunting channel lol I may be getting sponsored by a predator call company for predator hunting so I plan on trying to start recording some hunts to show them. I also think no matter if its on video or not when people ride the animal around on the tops of their cars dog boxes or visual to public is much worse than video taping an ethical kill. I think when you have field dressed deer forced onto you and you are not a hunter thats much worse. I must admit I ride deer on my dog box but they are not field dressed. Here alot of guys ride the heads only of a nice buck they kill I don't do that at all.

And this somehow makes a difference to the mother and her kids who are in the vehicle behind you? What puzzles me Sky is how you admit its wrong but you do it anyway. Why?

Jogeephus":2yq5qk34 said:
skyhightree1":2yq5qk34 said:

And this somehow makes a difference to the mother and her kids who are in the vehicle behind you? What puzzles me Sky is how you admit its wrong but you do it anyway. Why?

I have no other way to get it home. I have a full bed dog box on my hunting truck and if im using hounds and I stick the deer in there with them they will eat it up. I don't gut it cause I dont people don't want to see that so I try and use the most tactful way I can to get it home. Make sense?

Commercialfarmer":f52vd5i0 said:
I was going to record my hunts, but I have a hard enough time trying to hold the light, I don't know how I'd be able to record at the same time.

:lol:

If you enjoy the sport you need to be sure and respect the woman and her children sitting in the car behind you. What you are doing is putting a negative image in the eyes of some voters and if you are not careful and there are enough complaints then you will see your dog hunting privileges taken away like they did in my county. Thankfully, the Georgia-Dog Hunter's Association saved the sport in the state by brokering a deal for more regulations to save the sport but my county put it up for a vote and the majority of the public had a negative image of the sport. People don't want to see it stuck in their face.

true but I try to be as tasteful as i can by not field dressing. I am the only one in the bunch that doesn't.

Sounds just like the same yanoos that got the privledge taken away from us. Only thing we can hunt with dogs now are pigs. Ya'll need to be careful being so close to DC. Shouldn't take much to upset some of those Prious drivers. You would have never thought it would be banned in my county but enough was enough. I still can dog hunt in the two counties next door and it seems that most of the dog hunters have now learned a lesson on public relations from this.

We have a dog alliance here that I am a member of unfortunately we can't control everyones actions... I think a action cam picture isnt that great from what I seen my cell cam is alot better.

Latest posts