Receiving/Load Out Pens

Help Support CattleToday:

midTN_Brangusman

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 17, 2015
Messages
808
Reaction score
105
Location
Stigler, OK
Going to build a set of pens for receiving and load out on a big farm I have leased so don't want anything that cant be taken down. Has anyone ever used the continuous fence panels? This gentleman sells 20 ft 6 bar for 85 and the 7 bar bull panel for $150 which is probably what I would use. Of course I would have to concrete some posts in the ground. Just wanted to see if anyone has used them. Thanks and Merry Christmas!

https://huntsville.craigslist.org/grq/5840294475.html
 
I've never used them but they look nice.
And about the same price as regular 12' panels.
I'll probably use regular panels to see what's the best configuration before doing something permanent but these are also a good option.
 
I go tomorrow to pick up about 30 pieces. They are 10' L, 6' H, ~140#. $62 each. Connect with chains. Some pieces are gates.
 
I bought a bundle of 6" 8' long treated posts a while back at the farm sale. Would these be stout enough or should I go to 8"? Plan on putting a post every 10'.
 
A 6" post is pretty darn stout.
I would think plenty good especially at 10' apart.
Depth is what will do most good as far as them being pushed over or pulled up.
I got hold of 9'x5-6" post to do all my fencing and put them 4' deep. Used them for all corners, bracing and line bosses between t-post.
 
aaroninga":zcvyk2ca said:
A 6" post is pretty darn stout.
I would think plenty good especially at 10' apart.
Depth is what will do most good as far as them being pushed over or pulled up.
I got hold of 9'x5-6" post to do all my fencing and put them 4' deep. Used them for all corners, bracing and line bosses between t-post.


Thanks, glad they will work!
 
HDRider":1bgteos1 said:
I go tomorrow to pick up about 30 pieces. They are 10' L, 6' H, ~140#. $62 each. Connect with chains. Some pieces are gates.

Sounds like a good buy, guys around here are getting that for the cheap stuff.
 
I just built a corral using the same kind of panels from C&B in Athens, AL. I spaced my posts 5' apart. I had to buy stainless lag bolts and pre-drill some of the holes for the bolts when attaching them. It really came together nicely though and should last awhile. I'll try to post some pictures or you may be able to search my username and find my previous post about it. Good luck.
 
djswin":2d08a4r1 said:
I just built a corral using the same kind of panels from C&B in Athens, AL. I spaced my posts 5' apart. I had to buy stainless lag bolts and pre-drill some of the holes for the bolts when attaching them. It really came together nicely though and should last awhile. I'll try to post some pictures or you may be able to search my username and find my previous post about it. Good luck.


That would be great. Would you mind posting some pictures of how they attach to the posts and putting two pieces together?
 
Chad at C&B provided me with these high strength U brackets that lag onto the wood posts. They're very strong. I'll see if I have a picture or take one later today.
 
Oh yeah, they also have inserts that attach 2 pieces together so no welding is required. It's just a short piece of pipe that fits in each end of the panel on the top and bottom bars. Seamless.
 
djswin":36u9mds0 said:
Oh yeah, they also have inserts that attach 2 pieces together so no welding is required. It's just a short piece of pipe that fits in each end of the panel on the top and bottom bars. Seamless.


Do these connectors have to be located on a posts or can they be connected between posts?

Where im putting my loadout pen there is some rock so I might have to move a post a foot or two over here and there on the length but will definitely have them on a string as far as straightness. Rather not use a jackhammer especially since its not permanent.

Thanks for your insight, yours looks very good
 
I just joined at posts so I'm not sure how it would work if you joined the panels away from the posts. I had to rent a rock-breaker for a Bobcat to get through some very big/heavy rocks and this was when it was 95+ degrees outside. Man it was hot.
 
djswin":29bf72qk said:
I just joined at posts so I'm not sure how it would work if you joined the panels away from the posts. I had to rent a rock-breaker for a Bobcat to get through some very big/heavy rocks and this was when it was 95+ degrees outside. Man it was hot.


10.4 Copy that, make get to do a little rock breakin after all :banana:
 

Latest posts

Top