Rebel 5410 Problem

Help Support CattleToday:

Green1340

Reaction score
I have a Rebel 5410 baler- The monitor tells me "twine not detected" and automatically reverts back to the net wrap. There are absolutely no sensors (that I find) that will detect if twine is available. Could this be electrical fault between monitor and hydraulic cylinder that activates the twine arm? The only sensor I find pertaining to the twine mechanism is the sensor that detects when the twine cycle is complete. Any ideas?

Also the net will tear on approx. 5% of the bales. Sometimes on left, sometimes on right and some bales come out looking like the have a "mohawk" with the tear right in the center of the bale. I don't feel any burrs or anything on the rollers that would create this tear and there seems to be no consistency on the location of the tear. It does seem to be more prevalent towards the end of the roll of net. Could this be a net tension issue? I'm stumped on this one also.

Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Greenhaw

Have you read your manual there are several ideas in it. Net guide fingers could be bent also you might increase the amount of net. Also is the bale barrel shaped. This can cause the Mohawk look.

I would like to knowwhat you find out, i'm having a similar problem on my rebel 5410 excecpt mine says "net not detected".

cowsrus":btu5vgpx said:
I would like to knowwhat you find out, i'm having a similar problem on my rebel 5410 excecpt mine says "net not detected".

Make sure the net is loaded correctly
make sure the controller is wired directly to the battery
battery voltage not correct
tension spring on net tension to tight loosen this could also be the problem with net tearing posted on the original post

Thx , my problem was a relay that switched back and forth from net to twine. I called Vermeer and talked with the service guy and he said that was the problem and my local Vermeer dealer confirmed it. $18.00 part fixed it

Glad you found the problem with the baler. I have had mine for three years it to was a second owner baler. I have really enjoyed the baler it is the most user friendly baler that I have owned. I really would like to have one of the new 5420 Rebels but will be satisfied with what I have for now.

Coswrus,

I also spoke with Vermeer and he steered me toward a relay that was located close to the gear box. Is that the one you replaced? I've been out of town for a few days and haven't had the opportunity to look at this thing yet, but will work on it tomorrow. I hope this will fix mine also.

Greenhaw

Yes, it's a square relay right beside the gearbox. It's kind of hard to unplug because it's in a hard to reach place. The Vermeer service tech told me to tap on it and if that didn't work, to replace it. He said it got real fine dust in it and and wouldn't let the contacts make a circuit. I think i'm going to wrap it in a plastic bag to help keep the dust out.

I thought I would bring this back to the top and show you what I did to alleviate the problem with net tearing on my 5410. I do not know what baler serial number you have but look in the baler on the right and left and you will see a part that looks like a pickup tooth, these are net deflectors that keep the net out of the pickup reel. I installed two new deflectors P/N 510508269 and have run over 120 bales through and not one of them had a net tear.

Latest posts