Really bad night around here

Help Support CattleToday:

slick4591

Reaction score
We were under tornado warnings around 7 last night and in my stupidity I stood outside and watch two just west of me heading north. Lots of folks with major damage and some homes totally gone. My son's FIL was one that has lost everything. Not sure of the casualty count as of this morning but I heard 8 before I went to bed.

I thought I was going to drive out to the farm and check things but I was stopped by a downed power line. I was met by a husband and wife and the man's left arm was almost completely severed and had lost lots of blood. Stayed with him until the ambulance got there and they got a tourniquet on him and transported.

There are sure lots of people around here that could use some heavy prayers.

I just heard on the news. 11 confirmed fatalities. Praying for all the ones affected. Glad you're ok Slick. And I hope all the rest of you folks that were in or around the chaos are ok.

An inch of rain here. Lots of wind. East of Dallas looks really bad. You can clearly see tornado paths when they hit the cities. Prayers for those people.

Slick, I just looked on the map to find you. Dang if you ain't right there by garland in the middle of it. May have some more headed your way. You and the rest of them texas boys be careful out there. Gotta make shore you around to play dolls with the granddaughter for a few more Christmases. Praying for yall.

Thanks. The weather folks say it's now to cold to spawn anymore tornadoes but we're still getting a lightening show with rain. I just came back from the farm and as I was passing the house where the guy was cut I saw his wife getting into a car. Stopped and she says the local hospital couldn't get the bleeding to stop so he was flown to Dallas. They had to intubate him and she really didn't know any more than that.

It was pretty apparent that one of the funnels was in the air as it passed over the area the farm is. No damage I could see other than a sporadic tree broken and debris. Someone had already been thru and moved a couple of trees to the side of the road.

Lady here in town took this picture of the lead funnel. Both were about the same size with one being a little west of the other.

Thanks. Been over helping the step-son get tarps on his roof and snapped a couple of pics. The first one is of his FIL's place and the other is of another neighbor's.

One of my cousins has some rental/investment property in that area that was destroyed. (she lives in Calif so she wasn't physically hurt)
Another cousin lives in Lewisville, I haven't heard anything about that town.

Tornado damage is awful. To me, worse than a fire. There is just so much to pick up, and it's everywhere. No material damage can compare to the loss of life. Every able bodied person in the area, should assist with the cleanup.

greybeard":xcv5f6q5 said:
One of my cousins has some rental/investment property in that area that was destroyed. (she lives in Calif so she wasn't physically hurt)
Another cousin lives in Lewisville, I haven't heard anything about that town.

I haven't heard of anything occurring in Lewisville, GB. Near as I can put together the tornadoes started near the Dallas/Ellis county line and traveled NE. Lots of damage in Rowlett and Garland, then up to us.

My thoughts and prayers are with all of you. Very strange December weather here in Middle GA. Would not be surprised to see bad storms here before cold weather comes in next weekend. It has been to warm for winter.

Thanks. Things have settled down here and we've had almost 4" of rain since all this started. Everyone was going thru the damage yesterday salvaging what they cold. Looks like some are going to be ready today to start an actual clean up day.

Yep, the mud will be just something else to deal with. For some reason the insurance told them to not touch anything before an adjuster got out there and didn't know when that would be. Charlie told them they had tons of pictures and they still said to wait. Looks like the rain might stay away so maybe it'll dry a bit.

Latest posts