Reading suggestions...

Help Support CattleToday:

ArmyDoc

Reaction score
I'm about finished with "Grass fed cattle" by Julius Ruechel. I was thinking about reading "Storey's Guide to Raising Beef Cattle" by Heather Smith Thomas next. Then I thought, why not ask those who should know?

So, what do you think is (are) the best books books for the beginner to read? What is your "must read" list?

Thanks!

Definately Storey's. Try A Cow's Life. By M.R. Montgomery good easy read about the history of cattle with emphasis on angus, if you don't have those still a really good general book on cattle.

Storeys Guide to Raising Beef Cattle was one of the first cattle books I purchased many years back. I found it to be very helpful and covered most areas of cattling.

Thanks for the advice. I'll order Storey's guide to raising beef cattle next. "Southern Forages" was also recommended to me, so I'll get that too. The two of them should keep me busy for a while. Maybe when I finish them I'll look into "Knowledge Rich Ranching" too.

Thanks again.

Knowledge rich Ranching is a good book. I don't agree with everything they say and or do but i like the way they think. I'm of the opinion that there is plenty of money to be made in the cattle business (even for the rookie) if they think out of the box alittle bit.

Latest posts