Re: Steep Mowing Thread

Help Support CattleToday:

fitz

Reaction score
I live a simple life. Reading the thread on steep mowing got me to thinking how sidling it is on this side of the creek.

little hill I mowed the other day:
random_004.jpg

Looking from the family cemetery to the mountain:

random_007.jpg

From cemetery to back of house:

random_006.jpg

fitz

fitz I love the pics it takes me back to my home town of Floyd. I can't say I miss the puckers while cutting raking and baling hay on the hills though.

Is that Walton's Mtn? I watched that show many years after it was on TV. I only saw some reruns. I was in college during the time period it was live. I love Virginia. It is one of my favorite eastern states. I have done the Skyline Drive and shenandoah. Isn't there a song, Oh Shenandoah! I went to the top of Mtn Rodgers.

I truly find your place very special. I want to put some emphasis on that. It looks very special. Better than the California version of Walton's Mtn they had on TV with the arid pine woods. I was always disappointed when grandpa took a walk in those arid pine woods in the TV version of Virginia. The woods out west (and I love the west) do not hold a candle to a beautiful, damp, diverse eastern woods like you find in Appalachia.

You are lucky. Live long and prosper. So you can enjoy that magnificent setting.

That does look like fun. I have a spot on one of my rent pastures that has a high pucker factor too. Right between a pond and deep gully, so there isn't room to go up and down, have to go across the slope. I don't know what the angle is, but if it was any steeper it would just have to grow up in brush.

Latest posts