RDA

Help Support CattleToday:

Kay

Reaction score
Hi I had a 8 year old cow that had RDA surgery yesterday @ 12 noon.My question is when will she start feeling better.She has drank about 12 gallons of water been pooping and peeing.Not interested in hay though.She seemed like she wannted grain when I feed the other cows in the barn.The vet said just offer her hay.She is due to calf in May sometime,vet says hasn't ever seen a beef cow have this before.What should I expect from her.Ears are up very alert.Glad to see she was alive this morning.Thanks

Kay":khkbba12 said:
Hi I had a 8 year old cow that had RDA surgery yesterday @ 12 noon.My question is when will she start feeling better.She has drank about 12 gallons of water been pooping and peeing.Not interested in hay though.She seemed like she wannted grain when I feed the other cows in the barn.The vet said just offer her hay.She is due to calf in May sometime,vet says hasn't ever seen a beef cow have this before.What should I expect from her.Ears are up very alert.Glad to see she was alive this morning.Thanks

I am betting your veterinarian is the best person to ask

My best

Bez

Agreed with Bez.

Beyond that- meds for pain (banamine) will make her feel better. Cows in pain don't eat well.

Latest posts