RB Active Duty daughters

Help Support CattleToday:

Air gator

Reaction score
I really like the RB cattle (from looking at catalogs)
What are the Active Duty females like? Do they milk well?
Are they fertile? What about udders? In other words, what can you tell me about them?
Thanks.

Love them. Have seen them personally but haven't raised them ourselves.. they were much taller and thicker then those they ran with. I love our RB Confirmed, so I'd be more than willing to do some Active Duty this year. I believe the SAV and RB genetics work very well together.

The folks we visited with were very happy with them. Not sure what kind of daughters they'll make.

NEFarmwife":ub5tumt8 said:
Love them. Have seen them personally but haven't raised them ourselves.. they were much taller and thicker then those they ran with. I love our RB Confirmed, so I'd be more than willing to do some Active Duty this year. I believe the SAV and RB genetics work very well together.

The folks we visited with were very happy with them. Not sure what kind of daughters they'll make.

I'm pretty sure that Active Duty Semen will be very tough to find.
We used RB Confirmed on some of our Herd and didn't really like them as a group. We had one yearling bull that was 1300 lbs with a 7 " Ribeye. They are extremely long necked and kind of look funny to me. We flushed our best cow to him and was the only mating that didn't really work.
We did have a few nice calves from him but I think he's inconsistent at best.

LCBulls":1ghsotbr said:
NEFarmwife":1ghsotbr said:

We used RB Confirmed on some of our Herd and didn't really like them as a group. We had one yearling bull that was 1300 lbs with a 7 " Ribeye. They are extremely long necked and kind of look funny to me. We flushed our best cow to him and was the only mating that didn't really work.

I have a good contact for the Active Duty. But extremely disappointed to hear you weren't impressed with Confirmed. If you have a moment and can... could u post some pics? Our girl looks great but she's still growing. She's an SAV Abigale/Confirmed.

NEFarmwife":1so40jeg said:
LCBulls":1so40jeg said:
NEFarmwife":1so40jeg said:

I have a good contact for the Active Duty. But extremely disappointed to hear you weren't impressed with Confirmed. If you have a moment and can... could u post some pics? Our girl looks great but she's still growing. She's an SAV Abigale/Confirmed.

I'll see if I can find one. Must be an embryo you guys got from Scott angus cattle. I'd be curious to hear how they liked him. I dont normally like to talk negatively about a bull or someone's program. They just didn't really end up that great.
If you have access to Active Duty then I'd jump at that chance. I'd love to have some of him.

I found a few pictures. But it seems like they changed how you post them. I'm not sure how to do it anymore.
Anyone know how to do it? It was easy before.

LCBulls":3s9wxija said:
NEFarmwife":3s9wxija said:
LCBulls":3s9wxija said:

I'll see if I can find one. Must be an embryo you guys got from Scott angus cattle. I'd be curious to hear how they liked him. I dont normally like to talk negatively about a bull or someone's program. They just didn't really end up that great.
If you have access to Active Duty then I'd jump at that chance. I'd love to have some of him.

Correct. We live just down the road from them. I just got more of same mating and while I spoke with them about how pleased I was with our heifer, they said that there were 3 out there in pens that would be going to that big show in...Colorado? That the RB guy liked them also and he was the one taking them. The 3 that we then went and viewed looked extremely nice.

That's where I also saw Active Duty and we couldn't believe the growth difference. My favorite though that day was SAV Supercharger.

As for pics, yes... I struggled too. I ended up linking and then screwed that up also. I'll get a pic of our Abby/Confirmed.

This is The RB Confirmed 0254-02 bull that had a 7.7" Ribeye. He was one of our heaviest at weaning. He didn't really have a hind end and was pretty large framed.

This RB Confirmed bull got Briskett Disease and was found dead shortly after this picture was taken. His Dam was by SAV Eliminator 9105. As you can see by the picture his Briskett is full of blood.

LCBulls":3l585kqd said:
This is The RB Confirmed 0254-02 bull that had a 7.7" Ribeye. He was one of our heaviest at weaning. He didn't really have a hind end and was pretty large framed.

This RB Confirmed bull got Briskett Disease and was found dead shortly after this picture was taken. His Dam was by SAV Eliminator 9105. As you can see by the picture his Briskett is full of blood.
Wow. I can see why you haven't liked him. We got lucky with our heifer.

NEFarmwife":23438on3 said:
LCBulls":23438on3 said:

Wow. I can see why you haven't liked him. We got lucky with our heifer.

Although we just worked our heifers today and the RB Confirmed heifer that's out of our best cow turned out pretty nice.
It seems that the cow makes more difference than the Sires used.

Dixie2542":o5eiub1p said:
NEFarmwife,
What did you like about Supercharger? how were their feet?
They looked good. I always start there after they catch my eye. However, the day I saw them all, it was extremely muddy and sloppy.

We'll be breeding our donor on her next heat. I want to use him on her for her calf. The only thing holding me back is both her and him have a low CED and a 2+ on bw. I've been trying to tweak her CED and marbling, everything else is really good.

Hey thanks NEFarmwife. One thing I'll mention about ced on what we've learned is we do not like extremes, especially calving ease. Some of those super calving ease tiny calves are a bit too little for us. I do not know what your donor numbers and I cannot remember if she a cow/heifer without getting out of this tab, but if shes a cow I wouldn't worry about it. If she's a heifer I'd pass, but not go to extreme just to fix a number. If the donor is a cow and u liked the look of supercharger's offspring then may want to try it.

Dixie2542":2ncztqpp said:
Hey thanks NEFarmwife. One thing I'll mention about ced on what we've learned is we do not like extremes, especially calving ease. Some of those super calving ease tiny calves are a bit too little for us. I do not know what your donor numbers and I cannot remember if she a cow/heifer without getting out of this tab, but if shes a cow I wouldn't worry about it. If she's a heifer I'd pass, but not go to extreme just to fix a number. If the donor is a cow and u liked the look of supercharger's offspring then may want to try it.

This would be her second. She had no problems calving her first go round. Her CED is poor. +1
https://www.angus.org/Animal/EpdPed...TwzwjzpiX3jxURCOWJcfu4mC/WZURI05Zt7dk0P/q1g==

Honestly, I wouldn't mind focusing on some feed efficiency either. We've flushed her to Acclaim, Southern Charm, and Bar R Jet Black. We're getting so many embryos from her, it wouldn't make sense to breed her back to any of them.

I'm considering Hoover Dam, Hickok, Fate, and Emblazon. Fate because we have a young bull grandsired by Fate and he's a heck of a bull calf. Has been since he was born. I believe the others would balance her out some because most her numbers are extreme. Hoover for maternal reasons.

Latest posts