Raven Powerball, LD Emblazon 999

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
As I'm starting to make my mating decisions for the coming spring I have ordered a couple canes each of Emblazon 999, Powerball and SAV Rainfall for the cows. I have some Sure Fire I am going to use on my heifers along with some Connealy Legendary. I also have some Treasure and Fortress left over from last year that I will be using up on mostly cows, along with a few straws of 1682 I still have somewhere. I chose 999 because I got two calves out of him from cows that I bought at the Sandpoint dispersal and they are outstanding in their length and make up to say nothing of their puppy dog gentle disposition. Is that common for 999 calves to be that calm? I'd also appreciate your opinions on the other bulls progeny I mentioned that you have seen or had yourselves. I had several nice Treasure and Fortress calves and that's why they will be back in use, but I've not seen any Powerball calves or Rainfall hence my question.

I'd stay away from 1682. The only breed back issues we have had are from his progeny and grand progeny.

We also bought a heavy bred heifer. She was due 10/19 to a Gar Ashland. She also happens to be Payweight daughter. When I tell you we've had bad luck...I do mean it. She calved early and her calf is dead.

I don't want anything to do with 1682, ever again. We plan to sell ours during bull sale as pairs. I am so done!

We have Legendary coming. Love our Treasures. Got plenty of Rainfalls coming too on heifers. I don't have any on the ground yet but I have seen SAV's rainfall progeny and I liked them.

Latest posts