Rant

Help Support CattleToday:

syork

Reaction score
You know things are getting really really off the wall around here. I have been in a war zone with my dad my brother and my soon to be ex and now my cousin! What is it with people and pets? My dogs are well behaved. They do not bother nothing. I am staying with my dad till I get moved in at a place i found in two weeks. Any how Andy my red heeler is a very well behaved dog. He sits on the porch and patiently waits for me to come outside. Well my dad just flat out hates him cause he just exists.

I caught my dad shooting at him with a pellet gun for no reason the other day. :mad: :mad: I was like what in the h** and he was like oh nothing just target practice. I was freaking livid. :mad: Well my brother dont want me to try to get him trained onto cattle and see what he already knows so my brother tries to hit him with anything he can find. :mad: My cousin for no reason whatsoever cusses me out from one side up down the other when I visited my aunts house. He is 40 years old for goodness sakes he was in the other room. I was minding my own business usually I let Andy out into her yard to go potty. Well he runs past me when I open the door and he hears me yelling at Andy to git his arse out the door. Well here he comes cussing me sayin if that dog ever gits back in the house again I will break his freaking neck. He was doing anything for crying out loud! :mad: :mad:

Not only that my dad is trying to kill my cats and they are not bothering anything either. He wants to use them for target practice. My dad has dogs and he treats them like gold yet when my pets comes along just temporaily he wants to kill them. What in the h** is the problem with these people?

My husband almost killed my german shepard simply cause he was mad at me. One reason im divorcing him not to mention countless other reasons. My main question? Is everyone like this? Or is it just me?

Ummmm no, not everyone is like this. I think I would be finding other living arrangements (if possible), until I moved into my own place. I KNOW my animals would be confined somewhere safe, in the event I could not monitor them, for the duration I was stuck in this situation. For the sake of politeness, I'm not even going to get into what would happen in the event I caught someone shooting at my dog(s) with a pellet gun. I can, however, tell you it would NOT be pretty!

See if you can find a friend to care for your dog until you can get moved into your new place. Not everyone likes dogs in the house. My husband tolerates it, barely. He's asked me several times if he can shoot my outdoor dog, but when it comes down to it, he likes the dog, in spite of himself.

What grannysoo said. You're in someone else's home. We don't allow our dog in the house. I certainly wouldn't expect someone to bring their dog in my house if they came to stay. Find another place to keep the animals until you have your own place or get used to how they're going to be treated until then. We love our dogs and cats, but not everyone feels the same way about them as we do.

its he%# when you leave your parents, and he%# when you go back,,,, but grandmaws house was always home... one thing i hate losing is my independence especially the older i get ;-)

sounds to me like they only like their pets/an they dont like any1 elses.your living with your dad an thats ok.but he should respect that you have pets just like he does.an he should tell you where you can keep them.as to seeing if your dog can work cattle do that when they arnt around.

There is a growing trend for pet owners to be COMPLETELY oblivious to how spoiled and rotten their dogs are(its worse than with kids!).
I'd take a hard look again with that many "unexplainable" issues-that maybe you are the problem.

As far as working stock--- unless you own them or have permission, better keep the dog WAY away- or it won't(shouldn't) be bb shots.
Herding is not a game and it takes effort and commitment to do it right for the stocks sake. Turning a dog loose on someone elses stock to see what it does is ridiculous.

I love my pets but not so much someone elses. Like my parents 2 dogs I cannot stand they are yappy and not disciplined and the owner is completely oblivious to what an annoying piece of crap the one dog especially is. BUT I would never ever try to harm them . The one time my father tried to train his dog on my cows ended badly for him and the dog as the cows took care of both of them, that is just a call in very bad judgement .

For the safety of your pets I would definitely find another place for them until you are in YOUR OWN place.

I think it is crazy that they would shoot at your dog. But the rest of it (except the way they expressed themselves i can understand)

I visit my grandparents a lot and when i take my dog it is either tied up tight or sleepin in its crate at night in the shed. My dog has never been in side of a house but if it were to go into my grandma's house for some reason Id never see that dog again. I eventually talked her into letting me keep the crate inside the garage at night (though my grandma was still unsure about that). Around the cattle my dog is out of sight and shut up. Not cause she would cause any problems (ive taken her out with me) but because my grandpa just doesn't want dogs around his cattle. Sounds like you will want to get a friend to watch your dog or find a good middle ground (tie him up maybe).

No reason to take pot shoots at a dog.Was it bb's or pellets? I don't know how you are but like some others have mentioned,some people think their dog is the best thing on earth.My wife is that way with her two dogs sometimes I just want to smack her and the dogs,but I don't cause she would smack me worse.My neighbor also has a dog he thinks is a great cow dog(he is mistaken)everytime we work cows here comes Tobbey,boy I hate that dog when he's around cows otherwise he's fine.

EAT BEEF":3a3wf8nd said:
No reason to take pot shoots at a dog.Was it bb's or pellets? I don't know how you are but like some others have mentioned,some people think their dog is the best thing on earth.My wife is that way with her two dogs sometimes I just want to smack her and the dogs,but I don't cause she would smack me worse.My neighbor also has a dog he thinks is a great cow dog(he is mistaken)everytime we work cows here comes Tobbey,boy I hate that dog when he's around cows otherwise he's fine.

It was pellets. I am not like those people who think their dogs are the best their is. I am the type of person that takes pride in a well mannered and a trained dog. Alot of people dont even bother with training their dog basic manners I do cause I absolutely hate a dog that is bull headed and wont listen they dont stay long here if they are like that.

hillsdown":3a3wf8nd said:
I love my pets but not so much someone elses. Like my parents 2 dogs I cannot stand they are yappy and not disciplined and the owner is completely oblivious to what an annoying piece of crap the one dog especially is. BUT I would never ever try to harm them . The one time my father tried to train his dog on my cows ended badly for him and the dog as the cows took care of both of them, that is just a call in very bad judgement .

For the safety of your pets I would definitely find another place for them until you are in YOUR OWN place.[/quote]

When I tell my dogs to shut up I mean shut up. I hate a yappy dog to. I have my own place just waiting for the renovations to get done before I move in around the 16th of this month thank God.

Howdyjabo":3a3wf8nd said:
I'd There is a growing trend for pet owners to be COMPLETELY oblivious to how spoiled and rotten their dogs are(its worse than with kids!).take a hard look again with that many "unexplainable" issues-that maybe you are the problem.
As far as working stock--- unless you own them or have permission, better keep the dog WAY away- or it won't(shouldn't) be bb shots.
Herding is not a game and it takes effort and commitment to do it right for the stocks sake. Turning a dog loose on someone elses stock to see what it does is ridiculous

I am not one of those people like u mentioned above. There is more to this whole thing then I want to tell cause its personal. As for working with stock. I had a cattle dog one a border collie that was wonderful working with cattle I know how to work a dog and not only that I DO own some cows myself. I will never put the dog or the cows in harms way.

hillrancher":3a3wf8nd said:
You should have made your pets ex instead your husband. Everyone would be happy.(maybe)

Well lets see? My soon to be ex stalks me, cusses me, chokes me, and does any foul thing u can think of and last time I checked the pets dont do that.

msscamp said:
Ummmm no, not everyone is like this. I think I would be finding other living arrangements (if possible), until I moved into my own place. I KNOW my animals would be confined somewhere safe, in the event I could not monitor them, for the duration I was stuck in this situation. For the sake of politeness, I'm not even going to get into what would happen in the event I caught someone shooting at my dog(s) with a pellet gun. I can, however, tell you it would NOT be pretty![/quote]

My two dogs usually goes every where I go. The day I caught him doing it I had him tied in the shed. I was coming down the driveway when I caught my father doing that. The only reason I left him home that day it was cold and rainy I thought he would do fine at home in a warm shed the shed is open and my father has a perfect shot from the porch to see him and aim shots at him. As for me not doin more I know my dad and I dont dare back talk him and I dont dare git into an arguement with him a few shots with fists on my head when I was younger put a stop to that. If it was anyone else I dare not say what I would have done. I do have my own place I am just waiting for it to get ready. Now I have to take him every where I go no matter the weather if its rainy I put him in the truck in the floor board. Mind you its just a small S10 and hes a 40 pound dog. I only got 16 more days of bein here thank goodness.

I am very sorry for what you are going through...
Please take all measures for your safety .......

Good luck with everything , and being around a family that is armed may not be a bad thing at this point..As long as they do not harm your pets.

Take care and please keep us posted..

Howdyjabo":1v69xv4v said:
There is a growing trend for pet owners to be COMPLETELY oblivious to how spoiled and rotten their dogs are(its worse than with kids!).
I'd take a hard look again with that many "unexplainable" issues-that maybe you are the problem.

Herding is not a game and it takes effort and commitment to do it right for the stocks sake. Turning a dog loose on someone elses stock to see what it does is ridiculous.

You lost me with this post. None of your points would appear to be a factor, so please enlighten me?

Ok--Get out NOW.If you have to all sleep in your car at the Police station so be it.. Get out,go to another State,mabe another country..You don't need to be around any of these people,they are crazy,and you have been around them so long it looks sane to you. Again-GET OUT NOW!!!!

peg4x4":2x5axqg8 said:
Ok--Get out NOW.If you have to all sleep in your car at the Police station so be it.. Get out,go to another State,mabe another country..You don't need to be around any of these people,they are crazy,and you have been around them so long it looks sane to you. Again-GET OUT NOW!!!!

Actually the best advice given to date - could not agree more.

Bez+

That is exactly what I think too Peg.
It takes a strong person to walk away from everything in their life ,even if they are abusive and crazy. By the time you realize that you need to leave for your own survival they usually have beaten every little bit of self esteem you have/had out of you. It sounds like this has been going on from day one ,,,,, and that the men in her life need to be taken behind the woodshed and have the living daylights beaten out of them, and some sense beaten into them.

If you can leave now leave and don't come back ever until you get every little bit of you back that everyone in your life has taken from you. And when you come back do it just to confront them and right them all off for good.

Like I said before stay safe and do what ever you have to ,to remain safe.

syork In replay to Howdyjabo
"I am not one of those people like u mentioned above. There is more to this whole thing then I want to tell cause its personal. As for working with stock. I had a cattle dog one a border collie that was wonderful working with cattle I know how to work a dog and not only that I DO own some cows myself. I will never put the dog or the cows in harms way. "

msscamp-- No need to elaborate, As you can see from the quote above-----Syork got the gist just fine.

syork- No one should be afraid to voice their opinion. I hope your circumstances improve soon.

If you have some where else you could go to I'd say GO. No-one should have to put up with that not from anyone, Dad or no Dad, doesn't matter if he agrees with the way you look after your dog it's yours and that should be respected, things should have been disgusted before you moved in as to where the pets are to be kept, and if it was agreed that they could be kept inside then that should be abided by. No-one should take pot shots at anyones pets for fun and I always thought it was against the law. Get out now and don't look back, they will need you before you need them. I would say the 16th can't come quick enough for you, rent or live in a tent on your property for a few weeks anything sounds better than where you are. Take care and stay safe.

Latest posts